Can One Specify Default Folders In Nxt Pro

elg

Question

for example, in MyDVD application, when I select open a project, the "Open DVD Project" dialog box always selects the "Pictures" folder under my Libraries folder. I would like to change the default folder to my "Videos" folder. how do I do this?thanks.

8 answers to this question

Hello,

This worked for me:

-Ran MyDVD

-Opened a project [opened in my Pictures, I chose any project]

-Save Project As . . [opened in my pictures. I clicked on Videos and saved there]

post-208-0-87413200-1378004129_thumb.jpg

-Open a project [it opened in My Videos. If it doesn't, go there and get it]

post-208-0-21903200-1378004389_thumb.jpg

After this, Open a Project should go to your Videos directory by default.

Regards,

Brendon

Hello,

This worked for me:

-Ran MyDVD

-Opened a project [opened in my Pictures, I chose any project]

-Save Project As . . [opened in my pictures. I clicked on Videos and saved there]

post-208-0-87413200-1378004129_thumb.jpg

-Open a project [it opened in My Videos. If it doesn't, go there and get it]

post-208-0-21903200-1378004389_thumb.jpg

After this, Open a Project should go to your Videos directory by default.

Regards,

Brendon

This method didn't work for me. over the last few days I have opened project files from the default folder "pictures: and saved the changes to "my videos" folder and the next time I open a project file the program starts in the "pictures" folder. thanks, but doesn't seem to works. Ed

This method didn't work for me. over the last few days I have opened project files from the default folder "pictures: and saved the changes to "my videos" folder and the next time I open a project file the program starts in the "pictures" folder. thanks, but doesn't seem to works. Ed

Whenever I launch myDVD and select Open Project, it always opens the folder where I last saved the project.

I am using Vista so perhaps it works differently on W7 or W8

That IS odd...

Let's review:

You MUST do a Save from within MyDVD for it to remember the location the next time you Open a Project file..

Ok, I think I solved the problem.

I have all my video's and photo's on one external hard drive. Previously, when I open the my dvd project file from the "libraries" folder where I placed my external hard drive, then select the my video's folder to select a project file and then save & close it and open another project file, it still defaults to the pictures folder.

Next time I opened the project file from my dvd, it opened from libraries/pictures, but I selected directly the external drive, selected the videos folder, then the project file. I saved the project and opened another project file. Guess what the application opened right at the same folder where the project files were located.

My conclusion: the reason it didn't work previously is because the project files are on an external drive and somehow accessing them thru the libraries folder caused the problem.

I am using Windows 7 home premium.

Thanks for your help.

elg

Ok, I think I solved the problem.

I have all my video's and photo's on one external hard drive. Previously, when I open the my dvd project file from the "libraries" folder where I placed my external hard drive, then select the my video's folder to select a project file and then save & close it and open another project file, it still defaults to the pictures folder.

Next time I opened the project file from my dvd, it opened from libraries/pictures, but I selected directly the external drive, selected the videos folder, then the project file. I saved the project and opened another project file. Guess what the application opened right at the same folder where the project files were located.

My conclusion: the reason it didn't work previously is because the project files are on an external drive and somehow accessing them thru the libraries folder caused the problem.

I am using Windows 7 home premium.

Thanks for your help.

elg

I never use any of these "libraries", my videos,etc folders that Windows throws at you. Whenever I create video project (no matter what program I use) I always create dedicated folder and place all my resources (photos, video & audio clips) in that folder and also save my project files to that folder. That way everything is together and the program does not have to search allover to load files.