Audio Does Not Copy With Video

Spiritwood

Question

I recently upgraded to NXT Pro. On my first attempt at bringing videos over the sound does not come over or play with the video. I have a sony cam, the files are MPG...and I'm using Windows 8. Have never had this issue before with the older version of videowave or windows. Any help would be much appreciated...working on my granddaughters wedding vid and she will not be too happy with me if I don't figure this out. :)

21 answers to this question

I recently upgraded to NXT Pro. On my first attempt at bringing videos over the sound does not come over or play with the video. I have a sony cam, the files are MPG...and I'm using Windows 8. Have never had this issue before with the older version of videowave or windows. Any help would be much appreciated...working on my granddaughters wedding vid and she will not be too happy with me if I don't figure this out. :)

Could you please explain what you are doing? What do you mean by "bringing videos over the sound does not come over or play with the video"?

Are you using Windows Explorer to copy the mpg video clips from the Cony camcorder to your hard drive?

Please excuse my lack of knowledge...but how do you lower the bit rate? Can you do that on vid already taken?

I am even more confused now...

I copied the vid thru the "copy and convert" and it seemed to fix it. When I reopened the project the clips that had sound now do not.

What seems stranger if when I have a clip in creator...and I right click and go into "Edit" "Native Audio"

and hit "clean audio" youcan hear the sound...so I know the audio is there it just will not play

Please excuse my lack of knowledge...but how do you lower the bit rate? Can you do that on vid already taken?

I am even more confused now...

I copied the vid thru the "copy and convert" and it seemed to fix it. When I reopened the project the clips that had sound now do not.

What seems stranger if when I have a clip in creator...and I right click and go into "Edit" "Native Audio"

and hit "clean audio" youcan hear the sound...so I know the audio is there it just will not play

The other thing I have learned is that if I open a clip in the "video trimmer" screen then there is sound....but no sound in storyline or timeline. Would sure appreciate any help I can get?

You are having quite a time with this :lol:

The settings I mentioned: IF they are availiable to you, they are in your setup menu. ~ tell us the make and model and we will try to look it up.

When things work and then don't, I tend to suspect that it is not actually an issue with the file <_<

Let's try a proper repair using these steps:

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Some more info.

I was asked to do the following;

"Save your VideoWave production and close VideoWave. Wait a few seconds, and then re-launch it. But do not load your project yet - choose to create a new project. Once the empty project window comes on, right-click on the Windows taskbar and select "Start Task Manager". Click on the "Processes" tab and look for an item called "VCGProxyFileManager14.exe". Right-click on it and select "End Process Tree". When the item is gone from the list, go back to VideoWave and load your saved project. See if you get the audio now."

I did this and had Audio. When I save and reopened the project is was gone again.

Does this help?

I am having a hard time getting Roxio to respond.

thanks!

Another thing I learned.

When I bring a vid clip into a production...I have sound.

When I save, close, reopen the sound is gone.

Also..

If I bring a new clip in that has sound, and adjust the volume using the volume adjuster, I lose sound as well.

Does this help lead a certain direction?

Can anyone give me any ideas to try?

I have also tried Corel/Roxio techs but they will not respond.

thanks

The Download Manager, Downloads the files I have listed... Make sure you choose to SAVE them!

Then extract the CONTENT and DISC2 into a folder on your HDD.

IN that folder will be the "Setup.exe" file.

Run that where I have the 'Insert your Roxio Disc' ;)

When we get this repair done, be sure you Burn a Copy of the contents of that Folder to a Disc and tuck it away.

Thanks Jim. Just got home and received an email from Roxio/Corel. Thought I'd pass this along and maybe it will help others. I have tried this and it worked. However, when you send the production to My DVD the sound is gone again...awaiting a response on this.

Quite dissappointing...have had good luck with the other versions but it appears this is something that may not work for me.

"The issue you are experiencing is a problem that we encounter often with Creator NXT's VideoWave program, and is commonly seen on systems with Windows 8. We have already reported this issue to our Engineering department and are awaiting feedback on whether a fix is forthcoming.

In the meantime, the only work-around we can offer is to always look for the "VCGProxyFileManager14.exe" file under your Task Manager's Details tab and close the file if present. Once the file has been closed, reload your production (File > Open production...) and check if the audio has been restored. This file is what is causing a conflict with your video clips.

Note that if you close VideoWave and re-launch it, it will also re-launch the "VCGProxyFileManager14.exe" file."

• Like 1

Hi Spiritwood,

I just download some video from my Sony Handycam (HD), start using videowave and got the same result. No sound (just a nice flat line). Also same result when I end task for "VCGProxyFileManager14.exe". Seems like that file keeps opening at every turn. I've submitted the same problem to the Technical Help. I'm totally distraught over this as I just upgraded my PC to work with videos (my son's high school football season)... If there's no fix/patch for this, I'm going to have to buy another program... Hoping Roxio can come through with a true fix, like, immediately...

Hi Spiritwood,

I just download some video from my Sony Handycam (HD), start using videowave and got the same result. No sound (just a nice flat line). Also same result when I end task for "VCGProxyFileManager14.exe". Seems like that file keeps opening at every turn. I've submitted the same problem to the Technical Help. I'm totally distraught over this as I just upgraded my PC to work with videos (my son's high school football season)... If there's no fix/patch for this, I'm going to have to buy another program... Hoping Roxio can come through with a true fix, like, immediately...

Don't hold your breath. The same problem has reared its ugly head, in all versions since Creator 2010. There are, of course, workarounds for the problem. Look around the forums, and you will find them/it.

• Like 1

Would appreciate any more tips for work-arounds as ending the "VCGProxyFileManager14.exe" task in the Task Manager doesn't really work. This thing just keeps opening up at just about every click. I just bought the program on 8/26/13 at Best Buy, so if I can't get this fixed, I'll need to buy another movie maker... I've used Roxio products for years and I'm used to their tools... It's a great product when it's working... Okay. I'm going to pray for a while and see if a Roxio engineer can solve this enough to make the program usable...

It is considered Rude to butt into someone else's conversation...

AFTER you end the VCGProxyFileManager14.exe in Task Manager, you MUST RELOAD your Project into VideoWave. Not end and restart VideoWave!

If it didn't work, you most likely failed to follow both steps!

Do you have Win8?

Edited by Jim_Hardin