drdboiler

Capturing Pc -- No Sound?

Question

Hi there,

I'm new to the forums, but I have had my Roxio GameCap HD Pro since last Christmas. I've recorded plenty of videos from my Xbox console, and have had zero audio problems with the captured footage.

However, I've begun recording footage from my PC games, and have noticed that there is no, what I like to call "internal sound" coming from the footage. All you can hear is the speakers playing into my external microphone. Is there a way to record the internal PC sound from the Roxio?

Thanks for input.

Also, another issue I'd like to ask for advice on, without starting a new thread, is the capture quality of my PC. When I record from my Xbox, I can get crystal clear 1080p video, but when I record my PC the video resolution is a lot sloppier. It seems as though it records in closer to 480p.

Thanks again!

Dave

7 answers to this question

Just to confirm.... the Picture is fine, your not getting the correct sound.

PS

If the above is correct, then this may apply to you"

Don't plug in any speaker, headphone or 3.5mm RCA to the Audio In if you want to pipe audio over HDMI. That's one way to disable audio over HDMI on some machines.

Edited by ogdens

Yes that is correct; I had a feeling that having speakers plugged in would in turn disable the sound through the HDMI. Thanks for the input, I'll give it a shot at let you know.

EDIT:

So I unplugged my speakers, and recorded a small sample clip, and it did record sound. But I didn't switch off the "preview audio" button in the capture software, so there was a load, compounding buzz going through my headphones that was nearly deafening. I then switched off the preview volume and recorded another small clip, but this time with headphones in a jack on my tower, and the sound was recorded, however I could hear no sound whilst playing. Do I need to have the preview audio button enabled on the software in order to hear sound in game or is that another issue?

EDIT2:

I think I've figured out what I need to do in order to hear real-time game volume and record at the same time. I just turned my TV on, which has the Output HDMI hooked up, and I can hear my real-time sound through it. But only the game, it seems like. I can't hear anything like a YouTube video through it. I just need to test a few other programs that I use while I'm playing games, and see what all needs to be done.

Thanks for your help, ogdens!

Edited by drdboiler

Another thing you might try is changing the Playback device.

Right click the volume icon on the taskbar and go to Playback devices.

Normally it's probably set to Speakers.Try changing it to the audio from your video card.

This will change the source from your sound card to the audio from your video card.

Another thing you might try is changing the Playback device.

Right click the volume icon on the taskbar and go to Playback devices.

Normally it's probably set to Speakers.Try changing it to the audio from your video card.

This will change the source from your sound card to the audio from your video card.

You legend. Thanks. Perfect solution!

Changed topic to solved.

You're welcome.I was supposed to insert an image to show how mine was set but I forgot...lol

Sorry.

Glad that works out for you.