jskingsley

Dvd And .mov Won't Play

Question

I'm trying to burn an imovie on a DVD-R and DVD+R (because I cant get either one to work) that will play on my home dvd player. Is it the format that I am burning it in? Is there a way that I can re-format the .mov so that it will play on a dvd player?

6 answers to this question

I'm trying to burn an imovie on a DVD-R and DVD+R (because I cant get either one to work) that will play on my home dvd player. Is it the format that I am burning it in? Is there a way that I can re-format the .mov so that it will play on a dvd player?

You have not explained the steps you are doing to burn the DVD. You cannot just burn a video file to a DVD and expect it to play on a DVD player. There is a certain process you have to follow

When I attempted to import the movie, the movie was green. When I put the blank dvd in, I just drug the movie and dropped it on the picture of the disc. The movie downloaded. It will play on the pc but not on my dvd player,

I am just wondering what type format do I need to save the .mov to, so that it will play.

when I imported the imovie, the file was only green. After hours of trying different things, I just put in a blank disc, and drag and dropped the file on the picture of the disc. Do i need to save the .mov file as something else?

When I attempted to import the movie, the movie was green. When I put the blank dvd in, I just drug the movie and dropped it on the picture of the disc. The movie downloaded. It will play on the pc but not on my dvd player,

I am just wondering what type format do I need to save the .mov to, so that it will play.

As I said you can't simply "copy" a video file to a DVD and expect to get a video DVD that plays in DVD players. You have to use a DVD authouring program. Since you are posting in the Roxio NXT forum I assume you have that program.

To author a correct video DVD you have to use the program called myDVD (Create DVD I believe on the main menu page of NXT)

I have no idea what "When I attempted to import the movie, the movie was green." means. Import from where? Where did you get the movie?

I have an imovie that I created on my ipad. I have saved it in my documents on my pc. I went to MyDVD and attempted to import the movie. It says "Add movie operation failed 8004005"

If I may ---- do you have Quicktime installed on your PC computer?

My son sends me video from his iPhone all the time. I can add them to Video Wave/ MyDVD. They are 3gp format. The IPad should be the same format. Remember that the images are small so that they will not fill the screen; you will have a black background around the image if you want the videos on a standard DVD. The quality will also be bad because of the frame rate and the need to attempt to fill a 720 by 480 screen (standard definition). Although this is not quite the same, here is what a video from an Iphone looks like in a DVD preview.

Yours will be better because you are starting with a larger image from the IPad.

Select the video file and right click on it. Select properties and then details to get the information on the video.

post-58-0-37586600-1378303249_thumb.jpg

Edited by sknis