• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd Made With Toast 11 Has Issues But Is Fine With Toast 7

dwfilice

Question

I have a .mov DV video created with QT Pro that is video from my DV camera, and when Toast 11 renders the file and burns a DVD I get annoying stutter on horizontal camera movement. When the exact same DV video is rendered in Toast 7 I get a perfect DVD. Can anyone tell me what's going on in Toast 11 to create these artifacts? Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Thank you. Updating to 11.1 and choosing the Custom encoding helped quite a bit, but the camera pan movement is still not as smooth as the DVD made with Toast 7. The final file sizes between the two versions were the same size. Every other setting (Quality, etc.) looks to be the same. Interestingly that Toast 7 does not seem to give any option of choosing a Custom encoding. I wonder what default encoding exists in Toast 7? Thankfully I didn't delete Toast 7 after installing Toast 11. So far Toast 11 is unusable until I discover how to fix this problem :(

I thought it was Toast 7 but it must have been Toast 8 when Roxio changed to a different mpeg-2 encoder. The one they changed to is supposed to be higher quality but that isn't your experience. It may be that your source is DV which is what the original one was optimized to work with whereas Toast now has to work with so many different sources including rescaling HD video. I don't recall anyone previously making the comparison with Toast 7's encoder. Any workaround I can think of doesn't make sense when you can just use Toast 7 instead.