Mydvd Hangs On Render

Lorenmcc

Trying to create a DVD. The video length is not long (about 40 minutes). I have tried all the suggestions for fixing the problem (burn to disc, save disc image file, create folder set) and they all hang at 4% rendered, the rendering only seems to go a few seconds into the movie and hangs. It does seem to render the Intro movie and the animated preview fine.

I am running windows 7 Pro 64bit with the latest updates (verified today) and the latest updates for Creator NXT.

I also have a second DVD I am trying to create that is less than 30 minutes that is having the same problem.

Any ideas?

Trying to create a DVD. The video length is not long (about 40 minutes). I have tried all the suggestions for fixing the problem (burn to disc, save disc image file, create folder set) and they all hang at 4% rendered, the rendering only seems to go a few seconds into the movie and hangs. It does seem to render the Intro movie and the animated preview fine.

I am running windows 7 Pro 64bit with the latest updates (verified today) and the latest updates for Creator NXT.

I also have a second DVD I am trying to create that is less than 30 minutes that is having the same problem.

Any ideas?

If they all hang at 4% that seems to indicate a problem with your project when you render.

Have your tried to render without the Intro?

What do you mean by "render ...the animated preview fine"? Are you talking about the Preview button when on the Burn page?

I assume that you created the main video in Videowave and have either Output to a video file or Saved As a Videowave projject file. What happens if you first Output to a DVD mpeg, best quality video file? Does it hang there also?

Not the video preview.

There are three movies in the project it needs to render: the Intro movie, the menu animation and the full movie. It renders the first two fine and hangs on the third.

The movie was created as a recording from WinTV (Hauppauge) as a ".ts" file. when I pulled it in, myDVD first converted it to a ".mpg" file. It plays fine in myDVD.

the second DVD I am trying to create only has the full movie. No Intro.

Not the video preview.

There are three movies in the project it needs to render: the Intro movie, the menu animation and the full movie. It renders the first two fine and hangs on the third.

The movie was created as a recording from WinTV (Hauppauge) as a ".ts" file. when I pulled it in, myDVD first converted it to a ".mpg" file. It plays fine in myDVD.

the second DVD I am trying to create only has the full movie. No Intro.

First of all, do not burn directly to a DVD but to a folder set or an iso file. You can play those with a software player such as VLS and see if they are Ok.

Then I would try without the intro and the menu. That should tell you if the problem is with the main movie.

You could also "rerender" the mpg file using Videowave to DVD mpeg, best quality and use that "new" mpg file in your DVD project

Pulled the original .ts file into Videowave. It also had to convert it to .mpg format before it pulled it in.

I can edit and play in Videowave, when I try to do an "export as", it hangs in the same place.

These are recordings from an old video camera (recorded in 1992 and being transferred from VHS). It appears to be a bad synced section of the recording. the playback just skips over it, but the rendering hangs on it.