dave-in-nj

Moviemaker Vs Roxio

I have roxio10 and have had it for a few years.

today I used MovieMaker that come with win7

today for the first time I had a good experience with making a movie.

the ability to add a title logically, to cut and trim out bad sections, and to write and save the movie.

FINALLY, I am able to be productive !

I know this will get flagged and deleted, but the simplicity was amazing.

to date, I still have not been able to change formats or to save anything for a mobile device.

I have never been able to save with a different extension

RoxioBURN is about the best thing I have, but that does not pop-up to ask me for a title for the CD.

Welcome to the forum. Your post will not be deleted because you are not promoting a competitive product.

Any video disc you make on a CD (VCD) will have very poor resolution. You cannot use Roxio burn to author a VCD or Video DVD. You can put files on a cd or DVD but they will not play on a video player. People do use other programs to start with and then finish them with Video Wave and then burn with Create DVD or with Video Copy and Convert for mobile devices.

Perhaps you should start by trying to do it with a Roxio Creator program. Read this (link) You said you had Roxio burn is that part of Creator 2010 ? It could be that or t could be part of an OEM or it could be part of Easy Media Creator 10. Different programs may have different options.

Edited by sknis

I have roxio10 and have had it for a few years.

today I used MovieMaker that come with win7

today for the first time I had a good experience with making a movie.

the ability to add a title logically, to cut and trim out bad sections, and to write and save the movie.

FINALLY, I am able to be productive !

I know this will get flagged and deleted, but the simplicity was amazing.

to date, I still have not been able to change formats or to save anything for a mobile device.

I have never been able to save with a different extension

RoxioBURN is about the best thing I have, but that does not pop-up to ask me for a title for the CD.

"the ability to add a title logically, to cut and trim out bad sections, and to write and save the movie.

FINALLY, I am able to be productive !" all of these functions are easily accomplished in the Roxio Creator programs.

Perhaps if you tell us exactly what program you have and what your problems are we can help with Roxio

MovieMaker is a very limited program useable only for the simplest projects