• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Coverting .mts Files To Prores With Surround Sound

civexRedux

Question

4 answers to this question

I'm presuming you've selected Apple ProRes via the QuickTime Movie conversion setting. When you click the Change... button and then select the Sound Settings in the window that appears, are more channels available other than Mono & Stereo? I see that others are greyed out on my Mac but I have neither Apple ProRes nor a multichannel MTS file to test.

> are more channels available other than Mono & Stereo? I see that others are greyed out on my Mac

Yes, that's my situation. Nothing is available other than Mono and Stereo.

Here's my flow of conversion for Titanium 11:

Drag files into the window

Select Convert in the row of buttons across the top

Click the red convert button in lower right

In the pop up dialogue, select QuickTime Movie as the device

For Quality, I click on Change ...

In following pop up dialogue, I select Settings ... , then for Compression Type I choose Apple ProRes 222, click OK

For Size ... , I select the original recording size

I make sure Sound is checked, but for Settings ... I'm given only Mono and Stereo. The options for other sound recordings (including 5.1 surround) are greyed out no matter what Format I select.

I'm sorry but I don't have any knowledgeable way to help with this and there are only a couple of us contributing to this forum. Maybe you can get some help at kenstone.net. Toast uses Apple's QuickTime codecs for the conversion. I expect Toast to do what the codec allows, but that may not be the case. You also might try the Final Cut Pro forum in Apple's discussion groups.