• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio Tags

DonM

Question

The Album Title/Artist/Songs don't seem to be saved on the CD. I entered all of the information in 'Edit Audio Tags' then burned the CD. I then viewed the CD in Media Player and it shows Tag 1, Tag 2, etc. I then used 'Sound Editor' to save the names and had the same results. The names were saved when I used EZ CD Creator and Media Creator but how does it work in NXT?

3 answers to this question

I'm guessing a lot about what you're doing, so please forgive me if I'm answering the wrong question.

I'm guessing you're making an AUDIO CD with some sort of Roxio software, and you're wondering why you can't see the track and artist names when you try to view/play this audio CD in Windows Media Player. Am I right?

If so, it's because WMP doesn't read this info off audio CDs. Don't ask me why Microsoft have refused to implement this, perhaps it's some weird policy they have.

Download and install Tim De Baets' free WMPCDText from here http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=56780 and the add-on will give WMP the ability to see the CD-Text you have embedded in your audio CD.

Regards,

Brendon

Thanks for the reply. I could understand this problem if the 100+ cd's I have created from my vinal/tapes using older versions of Roxio products would not show name/title in WMP, but they show with no problem. And I do have the 'Add CD-Text' flag set.