• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Hd Pro Does Not Record Game Sound?

Lunat1c

Question

Hi!

I just got my Roxio HD Pro today, and I dont use a TV, I use a projector. I've hooked all cables (HDMI) up properly, but my projector does not find any source, It's all black. I can see the xbox in my computer if I click on capture, but the projector with the Game Capture does not work properly. None of the two HDMI cables are defect or broken, both works.

What should I do? Why does it not work with a projector as a screen?

And yes, I can play on the projector without the Game Capure.

And ofc i forgot to say what kind of projector i have. It's Benq MS500H, and I just saw that it does not have full HD, is that the problem, and if so, why can i use the projector if i plug it directly to the xbox, and not when the Game Capture is plugged in?

...and what cables are you using to directly use the Xbox to the projector? HDMI?

Also do tell us what operating system that you're using.

I had my projector directly connected top the Xbox with hdmi, without a problem. But when i have the Roxio between, it does not want to work. I've tried 480p, 720p, 1080p and 1080i. Its probably what yoy guys say, HDCP or something.

I got Windows 8 on my computer (Laptop).

I can't try on a HDTV, since i dont have one, sorry.

I bought a hdmi splitter today (1 in, 2 out), and when i came home i thinked for my self "What the !@#% am i supposed to do with this?", i didn't really think it through..

Try to borrow one from a neigbor/relative/co-worker/friend.

Some televisions manufactured prior to the HDCP digital standard will no longer be compatible with this connection type. HDCP compatibility is included in all newly manufactured televisions. Please refer to your television user manual or the television manufacturer website (or call them) to see if your television is HDCP compliant.compatible,

Try using a component video cable into you TV (if it has one).

Edited by ogdens

Try to borrow one from a neigbor/relative/co-worker/friend.

Some televisions manufactured prior to the HDCP digital standard will no longer be compatible with this connection type. HDCP compatibility is included in all newly manufactured televisions. Please refer to your television user manual or the television manufacturer website (or call them) to see if your television is HDCP compliant.compatible,

Try using a component video cable into you tv.

But if I use component cables, I wont get HD, right? Sorry about my "noobiness".

And as I said, my projector did not support HDCP/whatever I need.

Edited by Lunat1c

Thank you, great! Two questions.

1. So the component output does not have HDCP, only HDMI output? Wich means that I can probably use component with my projector?

2. Do I need some kind of audio cable so I can record the sound too?

Thanks again,

EDIT: I have a xbox 360 component cable, but its only three colors. Red, white and yellow. Ive seen people that have Red, white, yellow, green blue and red again? Do i need a new one?

EDIT 2: This is how the projector looks in the back. Seems like it should work with component, right? http://www.prono.com...04eb77b0060.jpg

And as i said, my xbox component cable only got three colors, so should i buy this one instead? http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/shop/games-gaming/gaming-accessories/cross-platform-accessories/playmax-universal-component-cable/prod106132.html (and of course one component/component cable)

Edited by Lunat1c

Thank you, great! Two questions.

1. So the component output does not have HDCP, only HDMI output? Wich means that I can probably use component with my projector?

2. Do I need some kind of audio cable so I can record the sound too?

Thanks again,

EDIT: I have a xbox 360 component cable, but its only three colors. Red, white and yellow. Ive seen people that have Red, white, yellow, green blue and red again? Do i need a new one?

That is a composite cable, not a component cable.

That is a composite cable, not a component cable.

Aha, my bad. I'll buy a component for xbox, and one for roxio/projector.

But, how come this would work and not HDMI? Is it just the HDMI output on the roxio that's the problem? HDCP thingy.

Ah well, I'll try and post results here later. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Edited by Lunat1c

You could try this method http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiMdluJIXNo

Don't forget to change the Xbox output to Component.

Thanks, Ill try that after the solution i came up with today. I think it can work with a cable that has HDMI on one side, and component on the other.

The component part in the roxio, and the HDMI in the projector. That should work around the HD problem, right? Its worth a shot, 30$.

Another simple solution would be a passive HDMI splitter BEFORE the RGC...

HDMI to Splitter, one HDMI out goign to your Projector and one HDMI out going to your RGC.

Thats why i bought the HDMI splitter, but then i could not figure out how I would set it up. Would be pleased if you could be even more specific (once again, sorry about my noobiness)