• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can I Upload A Prior Photoshow Disc Onto My Current Account?

BEDINKABELLO@COMCAST.NET

Question

3 answers to this question

I FOUND TWO OLDER PHOTOSHOWS ON DVD DISKS THAT I MADE BACK IN 2005...CAN I UPLOAD THESE INTO MY CURRENT NEW COMPUTER PROGRAM RUNNING PHOTOSHOW????IF SO....HOW DO I IMPORT IT WITH THE CAPTIONS AND MUSIC ALREADY ON THE DISC???

Please, unless you have a visual problem do not use all caps.

The title of your thread does not match what you have posted as the question. NO, you cannot upload the DVD to your current account. As for adding it to your new computer, read the following.

It depends. What do you want to do with the PhotoShows? Just for storage? What happened to the originals?

If you don't want to do anything to the PhotoShows, you can just rip them to your computer. I'm sure you can find a free and spam free ripping program. You might find one that will make an ISO file from the DVD. Roxio Creator can do that. An ISO is an image file of what is on the DVD. There are free programs like VLC that will play that ISO file just as if it were a regular disc.

They cannot be edited easily and you would need software to make even small changes. You can always rip the DVDs to your computer but that would require software, ripping the DVD to your computer, and then editing the vob files. It would be very time consuming

Come back and let us know what you have decided to do.

Change your users name as soon as possible because you have just invited all spambots to mail you frequently.

Edited by sknis

IOS is fine for storage purpose, but if you want to rip the PhotoShows off DVD disc to more compatible file formats like MP4, WMV, AVI, etc, I recommend you use this tool to rip your DVD.

Please reread the post that you referenced. ios was not talked about, an ISO (image file was). In this cased, since the original poster was ripping his own disc there is no problem using any ripping software. However as you are aware, it is illegal to rip a commercial DVD to a computer or copy it in most countries of the world even if it is for your own use.

To others,

I would worry about any web site or software company that does not list any company information. That one does not have any information nor does it list technical specs or users guide (although the tabs are there they go nowhere. Note the stilted English which should give you an idea of where it comes from.

From the main page of that web site:

What's the DRM?

The full name of DRM is "Digital Rights Management" which is an technology to protect the easy-to-redistributed digital contents including computer games, documents, e-books, films, televisions, music and audiobooks from pirating.

Here we mainly talk about the DRM which is used to restrict usage of video & music purchased and downloaded online:

Edited by sknis