Sign in to follow this  
squatch

Dvd-Ram From Video Camcorder

Question

I have a Panasonic Camcorder that records on a DVD-Ram for the video. I'm going to do a how to video. If I do not like the audio track from the camcorder, will I be able to erase it in Roxio Pro 2012 and redo using my computer. I believe the soundtrack is all built into the file. I don't think it has an audio track and video track. Panasonic VDR-M50PP.

I believe its a VRO file. I can just change the file extension to MPG and it plays.

thanks

Mike

Edited by squatch

18 answers to this question

Yes, once you put the video onto Video Wave's timeline, select to go to internal track and then show hidden tracks and then select "Native" press the little button on the left column of the native track to mute it. You can then add whatever you want to any of the other 3 internal or external audio tracks, For best result use the internal track so that the audio you add stays with that section of video just in case you move it. Once you are done, you can close that internal section and go back to full editing. These may help. The program works the same for images or for video.

Edited by sknis

I'm not sure if I need to start a new thread or not, but I have a couple of questions.

Is there a tutorial that I need to watch or instructions. I have viewed in the library about editing in video wave. What I'm asking is instructions on the internal track.

My video from the camcorder is darker than what I want. Does Roxio have the capability to lighten for better viewing.

thanks

Mike

I'm not sure if I need to start a new thread or not, but I have a couple of questions.

Is there a tutorial that I need to watch or instructions. I have viewed in the library about editing in video wave. What I'm asking is instructions on the internal track.

My video from the camcorder is darker than what I want. Does Roxio have the capability to lighten for better viewing.

thanks

Mike

Let's take the second question first, yes in Video wave there is a function to fix the video . Do you have the program? It is pretty apparent. See this image. It is far from prefect but it does a pretty good job.

post-58-0-92118600-1378931458_thumb.jpg

Now, I don't know of any videos that are targeted to the Internal tracks because they act just like regular tracks except any changes you make to a video's internal track applies only to that video. If you want to mute and change the audio to that one video file yopu would use the internal track. . If you get out of the internal track and then move that video, any changes (like change order or add transitions) you make to the internal track of that video file moves with it. You would not use an internal track to change the audio of several successive videos on your timeline. (You are looking at the timeline view - right?).

Perhaps these images will help.

post-58-0-54756900-1378931478_thumb.jpg

post-58-0-37889600-1378931493_thumb.jpg

Experiment, you can't change the original video unless you overwrite it with the same name. (non-destructive editing).

Edited by sknis

The video made me hungry ! What rub were you using?

If you are going to have only one video in the project and will not be adding other videos, transitions, titles and or captions on a color panel, you do not need to worry about the internal track. You would just need to show the native audio as shown above (Show/Hide Track). Once you see it, you can mute it so that the new narration will be the only one that be heard. One of the videos in the links I posted in my first reply (post number 2) has a good discussion on adding narration.

I did that all the time. I narrated when I was doing the task, put it into Video Wave, muted the audio and then added narration following along with what I was doing. You couldn't tell that from the video but I never had a face so that I would have to sync the lips with the narration. That can be done but it is harder.

Your voice is very nice, uniform and clear. Even so, I would record it separately so you won't have any background noises

I see what you were saying about being dark... Try the controls Steve pointed out but depending on your audience, consider re-shooting with better lighting ;) A light source, low and in the 4 and 8 o'clock positions should eliminate the hand shadows.

AND think of all the extra ribs you will get to eat :lol:

I'm in the process of doing a website. I have a BBQ sauce (mild and Hot) and a dry rub. They are my receipe. sasquatchenterprises.com.

I do have and will need to use my photolights that I have for a 30" photo tent Full spectrum 45w. Unfortunately they were not at the house.

NEVER lend out your photo lamps :lol:

I was born and spent a lot of my youth in Kansas City, MO. So I was introduced to BBQ early on! Tacos too :huh:

Never though of Oregon as being big on BBQ, are you a transplant? ;)

I know this is getting off track.

We moved from Tacoma-Seattle Washington area. My wife and I both worked for the Federal Gov and they asked her to relocate to Eugene as a Customer Service Director. I worked in our Real Estate Division and my territory was Sourthern Oregon. I put GOV agencies into Federal Bldgs or into leased space. I do about 90% of our cooking. Although she is a good cook.

The business is currently in a mall. We have about 50 vendors (higher class of flea market - The EuGenius Market). The person that runs the overall program has me take pictures and I post on facebook and craigslist. I leave my Phototent setup at the store.

How do I add the settings tab. I might be trying this out in the wrong sequence. Under view settings is grayed out.

I found the secret you have to select all.

Edited by squatch

Try to stay away from USB connected mics. A battery powered one connected to you audio input port will work. I use a 20 year old Radio Shack one -- remember them? I'm sure yiou can still find one that is not USB. SOME people have issues with both USB microphones and USB turntables with "helicopter" type noises.

I have done another project. When I play with vlc media it show the whole clip. when i play with Roxio to edit it shows only 11 of about 24 seconds.

I was trying to post the file.

You will need to 'Finalize' or ' Close' the 'Disc' before you attempt it import.

Been some time since I worked with RAM or RW discs...

You can try just Copying the VOB files to your HDD and rename them to MPG.

NO!

However, in VideoWave you can 'Export As' and render your production to an mpeg file.

If you happen to be in MyDVD, you can click on each clip, choose 'Edit Movie' which will take you into VideoWave where the Export As is ;)