Creator Classic Haning When Accessing A Work Network Drive

pluck

Question

15 answers to this question

We are using Roxio Easy CD an dDVD Burning DE.

There is a link to click on to access Creator Classic.

Seems OK until I try to access one of the Network drives we have mapped at work.

Then it just hangs

Any suggestions

Thank you

What are you trying to access on the network drive?

DE means Dell Edition and support for that comes from them, a different animal than a Retail Copy of Roxio.

The secratary was trying to access .pdf files as they wanted to encrypt them for a client.

Thanks for pointing out the DE.

I have no problem adding files from a network drive in Creator Classic including ,pdf files.

When did it crash and is Creator going to encrypt them?

It crashes when trying to access that network drive

Yes, the point of the secratary using Creator is to encrypt.

Dragging the files from the network drive to the user's desktop and from there I drag and dropped them into Creator as a workaround.

Uninstalling and re-installing did not help

Logging onto the user's workstation with my non adm account gave me the same results as the secratary. So I think I ruled out a Windows Profile issue.

Our Symantec policy has not changed recently so, I think I can rule that out too.

I plan on on logging in with my Admin account tomorrow to rule out any rights issues.

I am also wondering if it just may be a bandwidth issue. Grassping at this poing

They may just have to use the workaround.

It crashes when trying to access that network drive

Yes, the point of the secratary using Creator is to encrypt.

Dragging the files from the network drive to the user's desktop and from there I drag and dropped them into Creator as a workaround.

Uninstalling and re-installing did not help

Logging onto the user's workstation with my non adm account gave me the same results as the secratary. So I think I ruled out a Windows Profile issue.

Our Symantec policy has not changed recently so, I think I can rule that out too.

I plan on on logging in with my Admin account tomorrow to rule out any rights issues.

I am also wondering if it just may be a bandwidth issue. Grassping at this poing

They may just have to use the workaround.

I'm admin on both PC's and share the folder before trying to add them in Creator on the other PC.

I just use add button after navigating to the file from Creators source tree.

SKNIS, I think you may be correct.

From what I understand, the drive will write faster then the network can transfer the file data and it would just bomb out.

Once you have copied the file from the network to the local drive, the program should work properly. The original suggestion should stand.

I don;t believe that any Roxio product ; even the Dell modified ones will work on a network (drive). :unsure:

Once you have copied the file from the network to the local drive, the program should work properly. The original suggestion should stand.

The software won't work over a network but adding files does.

"Your making confusing statements now."

To elaborate:

When Creator is launched, the files in the lefthand payne show the files on the Desktop.Almost like it is defaulting to files on the Desktop.

When the Network drive is clicked on using the Tree on the right hand side is when the hangup occurs.

Hope that helps

To elaborate:

When Creator is launched, the files in the lefthand payne show the files on the Desktop.Almost like it is defaulting to files on the Desktop.

When the Network drive is clicked on using the Tree on the right hand side is when the hangup occurs.

Hope that helps

Do what Sknis suggested.

To elaborate:

Hope that helps

There is no hangup on my PC clicking the network in the right pane, but you will never get a path to my other PC unless you click the network and user in the left pane first! :wacko:

Unless it's the neutered Dell Edition version problem, or you have a install/PC issue.

Do what Sknis suggested.

That might be a work around but doesn't address his Creator Classic hangup problem. :wacko:

The event logs show a couple errors

AlbumCore10 cannot be found. I have uninstalled & reinstalled the app two times now.

The other error:

The RoxMediaDB10 service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services. This service may not funtion properly.

The RoxMediaDB10 service when I looked was set to Manual.

I can see the service starting and stoping when the application is launched and stop when exiting out of the application

Maybe this is a clue???