• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Select Video Device Failure

Macheeoo

Question

Hi all,

I purchased the Roxio Game Capture device last week and just got it in the mail yesterday. I installed the software, setup the box/cables to my Xbox 360 (with the cable switched to HDTV) and set the display on the Xbox to 1080i (because 1080p shows up blurry over pass-through).

With everything setup I opened up the Roxio Game Capture software and clicked 'Capture' and got an error stating 'Select Video Device Failed'. The preview box in the capture software will flash white and black for a few seconds, the Status will say 'No Source' at first in green then turn red. Also, when this error occurs, my Windows 7 theme reverts to basic. At first I figured it was a driver error, so I uninstalled and re-installed the software completely -- didn't help. My video card, usb, motherboard, etc are all up to date. Windows update is up to date as well. I checked that both instances of 'Roxio GAMECAP' show up in device manager, and they do as pictured below. And I am positive that my machine meets the min requirements.

I have scrounged through the threads here to try and find an answer before posting but sadly it doesn't seem like anyone has the answer yet. So I'm hoping with enough detailed information that we can get this figured out before I end up saying "screw it" and returning it for a competitor's product.

-- Here are some screen shots for good measure --

This is the error in question

post-114948-0-39319800-1379017619_thumb.jpg

Here is the proof of device manager working

post-114948-0-67509900-1379017631_thumb.jpg

Here are my system specs

post-114948-0-68589100-1379017635_thumb.jpg

Here is script error that occasionally pops up when I have Roxio Game Capture software open hmmm...

post-114948-0-22450600-1379017643_thumb.jpg

Really looking forward to some help here!

Thanks,

-Matt

2 answers to this question

Well that's it... I'm returning it. I'm not waiting around any longer while my refund deadline creeps closer and I have no chance to get my money back. From what I've seen, many people have had issues with this product -- and not just from user error. Don't try and tell me that I didn't set it up right, exactly how hard do you think it is to setup? The real issue is that YOUR product has bugs. For what ever reason, it does not like Windows 7 even though you claim it functions fully. The Roxio Game Capture Software and drivers are sketchy and support here is worthless. I've provided more than enough information in a clear format and still no response. And a few of your "Guru's" that are supposed to be providing "support" aren't exactly trained in "customer relations". Good luck selling this lemon of a device for scrap parts in a developing country, I'm jumping ship and upgrading to something with a little more respectability AND I HOPE OTHERS WILL FOLLOW.

• Like 1

Well that's it... I'm returning it. I'm not waiting around any longer while my refund deadline creeps closer and I have no chance to get my money back. From what I've seen, many people have had issues with this product -- and not just from user error. Don't try and tell me that I didn't set it up right, exactly how hard do you think it is to setup? The real issue is that YOUR product has bugs. For what ever reason, it does not like Windows 7 even though you claim it functions fully. The Roxio Game Capture Software and drivers are sketchy and support here is worthless. I've provided more than enough information in a clear format and still no response. And a few of your "Guru's" that are supposed to be providing "support" aren't exactly trained in "customer relations". Good luck selling this lemon of a device for scrap parts in a developing country, I'm jumping ship and upgrading to something with a little more respectability AND I HOPE OTHERS WILL FOLLOW.

You are mistakenly assuming that you are posting directly to Roxio. You are not. You are posting to a Roxio sponsored user forum, so the product is not ours.

And, the Gurus here are donating our time, to help other folks get problems solved, if we can. We are under no obligation to help you, or anyone else. We have no connection to Roxio.

Sorry that the device didn't work out for you.

Edited by grandpabruce