Question

Hi,

Does anyone know if mounting sd2f files will be possible soon? This is something I really miss at the moment.

Does anyone else miss this feature?

And,since toast 11 is not able to mount sd2f, what Mac program can do that?

Regards, Taco

8 answers to this question

Well, I'm about 9 months too late to help you, but I'll answer in case it helps someone else.

I just change the sd2f extension to iso and they mount easily. :)

Edited by OregonRebel

Sorry, but I cannot reproduce this:

Changing the extension to .iso results in an error message saying "image not recognized"...

• Like 1

Sorry, but I cannot reproduce this:

Changing the extension to .iso results in an error message saying "image not recognized"...

Have you tried using Mount It to mount the .iso? Works for me. Control click on the .iso file and choose Mount It from the contextual menu. You may have to scroll to Services... to see Mount It.

Yes, tried this, but without any positive result. The effect is the same as when I mount the image from within Toast itself...

Sorry, don't know why that isn't working. I changed the .sd2f extension to .iso in the Finder, used Mount It and it appeared in the Finder as an audio CD and automatically launched iTunes. Running OS 10.9.4.

Something I notice when I've tried doing this multiple times is that some of the time it displays a single track containing all content and other times it shows the correct individual tracks after mounting as an audio CD. For instance, it showed multiple tracks the first time. I "ejected" it and mounted again showing one long track. I ejected and mounted again and it showed multiple tracks again. The fourth time it was back to one track. Then it was back to multiple. Each time seems to take longer to mount. I think I'll restart my Mac now.

Edited by tsantee

I am having the same problem, Toast 11 does not open, mount or recognize and Sd2f or Sd2 file. To get it to open in iTunes is not the problem, I need to burn the Mastered CD for the duplication purposes. For this I need Toast to work. In the past I have worked around this by adding ".disc" extension and Toast recognized the file and burned the Master. But this time that is not working. Can anyone help me with this problem? Many earlier versions of Toast automatically mounted Sd2 files, it is only these last updates that have problems with Sd2.

If you

I am having the same problem, Toast 11 does not open, mount or recognize and Sd2f or Sd2 file. To get it to open in iTunes is not the problem, I need to burn the Mastered CD for the duplication purposes. For this I need Toast to work. In the past I have worked around this by adding ".disc" extension and Toast recognized the file and burned the Master. But this time that is not working. Can anyone help me with this problem? Many earlier versions of Toast automatically mounted Sd2 files, it is only these last updates that have problems with Sd2.

If you drag the .sd2f to the Toast Audio window with Audio CD selected as the format you are set to burn from your master. You will need to enter your mastering codes before burning the CD.

Sorry guys, just to keep this topic active, I'm having the same issues post version 11.0.4. I'm using version 11.0.0 without problems though. This needs to be fixed asap, as it's still broken in version 12.