How Do I Drag Files To The Burn Data Disk Window?

Honduras

Question

I'm using a hand made Win 7 32 bit computer with an AMD chipset.

I'm trying to burn a CD that I can easily install Borland Turbo C 3.0 from.

In order to do it I need all the Borland files in the root directory of one disk.

I figured that, if I burned a data disk, that would solve the problem.

Not so. I can't drag files into the burn window, or copy and paste, or get them there any other way that I know of.

I select Burn Data Disk then press the Add button. It brings up a window that I can use to navigate around and find the files. Even highlight them. The burn window sticks out from under that window.

If I try to drag and drop the files, the icon changes to a circle with a slash bar through it as soon as I get over the burn window. If I try copy and paste, nothing happens. If I press the button on the Roxio screen, it says I can't preview them all at once.

What am I doing wrong? I don't know anything about Roxio. I installed it about 2 hours ago.

Can someone help me get those files into the root directory of a CD?

3 answers to this question

What am I doing wrong? I don't know anything about Roxio. I installed it about 2 hours ago.

Can someone help me get those files into the root directory of a CD?

The two versions of this software which will work under Windows 7 are versions 10 and 14.

Each of those has "Roxio Burn", and this should allow you to complete your task.

Insert a blank CD and look for this icon down the bottom right corner of your screen. It is Roxio Burn

post-208-0-15830700-1379334757_thumb.jpg

If you click on the bottom right triangle, that's the Menu button. Go to Options and maks sure the box in there is ticked to enable Burn for your drive. There's also Help you can access from there if needed.

post-208-0-51919500-1379335072_thumb.jpg

Now you can drag all the files you need to burn and drop them onto the Roxio Burn disc Icon. The little blue information symbol will turn into a flame.

post-208-0-28252300-1379335352_thumb.jpg

Click that and your CD should be burned.

If this doesn't work for you then you have something wrong in your system. Perhaps the wrong version of the software for Windows 7.

Regards,

Brendon

Edited by Brendon