Briggsy

Is Toast 11 Os X Mavericks Compatible?

Question

Hi I have just re-installed my MacBook ready to upgrade to Mavericks.

I currently have Toast 10 and was about to upgrade to 11 before I install it.

Does anyone know if Toast 11 is Mavericks compatible?

The Roxio web site only states up to OS X 10.7, Mavericks will be 10.9?

There is no email address for Roxio support I can find!

Can anybody help please.

I am running an iMac with Mavericks and Toast 11. I cannot get TiVo Transfer (v 2.0, the latest available) to even show that I have a TiVo Roamio Plus on my network. The Roamio and all else works just fine. However, when I boot my iMac as a PC running Windows 7, the PC TiVo Desktop Plus transfer app works and I can see the Roamio and download permitted shows. So I know that the Roamio will download to a computer but having to use the PC side of my Mac sucks. Does anyone have any ideas ?

TiVo Transfer does not work with the Roamio. Roxio needs to fix this. In the meanwhile there are other posts about other software that is working.

Thanks Digital Guru. I'll hang tough and see if Roxio get it fixed.

You are welcome but I wouldn't hold my breath. We haven't seen any updates from Roxio/Corel for Mac apps in a year. Please check out KMTTG.

Edited by tsantee

Toast 11.1 only works on certain functionality. Other function it crashes and quits by itself.

Somehow Toast 11.0.4 works perfectly on Mavericks without any issue. So if you have an early version of Toast 11, install that one instead and it should do the trick.

Edited by coffeetime

I recently cleanup my IMac and installed Maverick. When I used my Toast 11 disk to reinstall the program I get the following message--The folderToast 11 Titantium can't be opened because you don't have permission to see its content Can any one help me The program was purchased in 2011 If that makes any difference.

Thanks

Genec

I recently cleanup my IMac and installed Maverick. When I used my Toast 11 disk to reinstall the program I get the following message--The folderToast 11 Titantium can't be opened because you don't have permission to see its content Can any one help me The program was purchased in 2011 If that makes any difference.

Thanks

Genec

It's better to use the installer from Roxio's Software Updates page than using the one from the disc. You'd need to update it in any case. As for that message, go to the Security and Privacy panel in System Preferences and you'll see where you can approve launching the Toast 11 installer.

Thanks tsantee

I did download from the website and did go to system preferences-- the installer opened and loaded the program in applications-- I went back to applications and double clicked the folder and thats when it said the folder titanium could not be opened because I don't have permission to see its content. Nowhere during this process has it asked for my serial key

Gene

Tsantee

I found the problem--I went back to the Toast folder that would not open --clicked info== noticed the permissions at the bottom of the folder ==changed it to allow everybody to read and write and everything is now open and working

Thanks

Gene

Hi!

I'm just running OS X Mavericks GM and I mentioned some problems running Toast Titanium 11. Especially when I'm adding files to Toast to burn them on a DVD Toast crashes alle the time. Looking for an alternative at the moment.

Hopefully there will be an update soon, but at the actual version Toast isn't useful anymore.

I hope this helps you. Btw OS X Mavericks is great! :-)

I run both 10.7.5 and Maveriks....Toast 11 work on neither and it is when you bring files in to burn, it crashes everytime.......Usless and get no response fro tech support and they didn't even email me a support code after registering the product......SO FRUSTRATED!

I run both 10.7.5 and Maveriks....Toast 11 work on neither and it is when you bring files in to burn, it crashes everytime.......Usless and get no response fro tech support and they didn't even email me a support code after registering the product......SO FRUSTRATED!

A problem with Toast crashing is unrelated to what OS version you are running. I suggest starting a new topic and explaining the steps you're taking and when it is crashing. That is an uncommon event. Also search the forum for other topics about Toast crashing.

Roxio/Corel provided no answer to my initial problem which remains the same. Toast software is not working on OS 10.9.2 and Corel/Roxio support led me to a Discussion article where everyone griped about it not working. The other support resolution provided was to create a disk image and then still burn at 1x speed. This does not do me any good. I bought the new Toast 11.02 and upgraded to 11.2 in order to have faster DVD, DVD-DL and BR speeds than before and I purchased the fastest Blu Ray burned from Other World Computing to accomplish this. Now I am back to around year 2000 era speeds or slower?

Based on support from Other World Computing, rather than Corel, I totally uninstalled and then reinstalled Toast 11.02. and reentered both serials (for Toast and the HDBR plugin) and the options for all types of speeds show up until any media goes into the burner. Once media is inserted, options reduce as listed below BUT burn at 1x speed when the progress bar shows:

• CD allows options of 1x, 2x, 4x options

• DVD allows 1x option

• DVD-dual layer allows 1x and 4x options

• BR allows 1x option

After several go arounds with support, I have waited since April 13, 2014 and received no reply other than:

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. Our engineering department is assessing it to determine whether it is a valid product defect. This process can take some time. When the issue has been addressed, we will send you additional information by email.

‹Prior to that I received this from Corel support April 10 when they discovered my ticket had been ignored:

I'd like to apologize for the delayed response! A glitch in our system affected the ability of some customer emails to get through - therefore I was unfortunately not able to view your case update until now. I will be doing my best to make sure to resolve your case in a timely fashion going forward. Please accept our sincere apologies.

In regards with your issue, burn speed in Toast 11 has been drastically decreased upon updating to Toast 11.2

Toast 11.1/11.2 burns slower than any previous version of Toast. My recommendation is not to use Toast 11.1 if burn speed is important or to use Toast 11.1 to make a disc image that you burn to disc using earlier version of Toast. You can have multiple versions of Toast on your Mac at the same time.

You can download the not updated version of Toast 11 from the link below.

http://wgt.digitalri...um_1104_710.dmg

Are you using Verbatim Blu-ray discs or a different brand? I know that different DVD media burn at different speeds depending on a drive's firmware so that may be a factor with Blu-ray media as well.

I downloaded the earlier software but it ran the same slow speeds as the later versions. Either they run at 1x speeds or it stalls and crashes.

Prior to this I was directed to go to another Discussion article where all complained about Toast burn speeds in version 11. Is that really the best way to get issues resolved? See the original reply below from March 27,2014:

Thank you for contacting Corel Customer Support.

Try burning your project in an ISO image way and see if you can burn in a higher speed.

How to Burn disc in an ISO image way.

Burn disc in ISO Image.

1. Open Toast and click on the Video tab and choose DVD-Video/Blu-ray.

2. Import the video that you want to burn.

3. Change the Destination into "Disc Image"

4. Hit "Save" and set the location of the output folder.

5. A .toast file will be created and then proceed to the next steps below.

Burn Created ISO Image disc.

1. In Copy tab function, change the option on the top left corner into "Image File".

2. Click on Select button and browse for .Toast file that you created earlier.

3. Once imported, change the Destination into the Burner drive.

4. You can set the burner settings if you want and if you're ready, you can hit Copy to start the burning process.

5. Wait until the burn process is completed.

Here's a Roxio forum thread about burn speed in Toast 11.

http://forums.suppor...-11-burn-speed/

So the bottom line is it burns slow or does not work. No resolution. But I still had to pay for it and they won't fix it?

Edited by Morehead Marketing

I have Toast 11 Titanium with BD plug-in installed Version 11.2. My system is an iMac 27 with i7 processor, 12G memory, and OSX 10.9.3.

I have a file recorded on my TIVO that is 14.78GB - roughly 2.5 hours HD.

Roxio player recognized he file and (after a considerable delay to load) began playing the file.

Toast will not load the file for conversion to m4v and iTunes. It stalls repeatedly.

All software appears to be current and no file permission errors are noted.

Suggestions?

There could be something wrong with that file. I sometimes have had a TiVo Transfer file that just wasn't right. When you say it will not load does that mean you can't get it to appear in the main Toast window? Are you dragging it in from the Finder, using the Toast Media Browser or using the send to Toast option?

Interesting that Toast 11, running in Mavericks with the Blu-Ray plug-in installed won't burn anything (CD, DVD, BR) to a new External LG BH16NS40 Blu-ray burner, but EZ Creator 2012 running on an old Dell laptop doesn't have any problems working with the same burner. It reads discs just fine. Also, it'll burn DVD's directly from the Mac OS, but NOT Toast...

Interesting that Toast 11, running in Mavericks with the Blu-Ray plug-in installed won't burn anything (CD, DVD, BR) to a new External LG BH16NS40 Blu-ray burner, but EZ Creator 2012 running on an old Dell laptop doesn't have any problems working with the same burner. It reads discs just fine. Also, it'll burn DVD's directly from the Mac OS, but NOT Toast...

That is interesting. I have no explanation for it. I have an external Pioneer Blu-ray drive in an Otherworld Computing case that Toast recognizes. Toast is designed to see any disc burner that the Mac OS recognizes. Why it isn't doing so with yours is baffling. Maybe it will work if you trash the Toast plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder and relaunch Toast. The user library is accessed by holding down the Option key when selecting the Go menu in the Finder.

I just this afternoon updated to Mavericks 10.9.4. Toast 11 Pro asked me to reauthorize it. Why? Also, I downloaded and installed the upgrade to 11 last November, have been using it in the meantime, and can't now find the product key.

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞

Incidentally, this program seems collateral to Corel's core business model and product line. Why don't they hand it off to another company that would provide continued development and appropriate support?

I just this afternoon updated to Mavericks 10.9.4. Toast 11 Pro asked me to reauthorize it. Why? Also, I downloaded and installed the upgrade to 11 last November, have been using it in the meantime, and can't now find the product key.

I don't recall this happening when I updated my OS. But when Toast has relaunched its registration setup (such as when I trash a corrupted Toast plist file) it always remembered my registration info and I am able to simply skip through those steps. I don't know why this happened on your Mac. When you originally registered your copy of Toast on the Roxio site the activation key is shown in your info when you log into the Roxio site.

Incidentally, this program seems collateral to Corel's core business model and product line. Why don't they hand it off to another company that would provide continued development and appropriate support?

Awhile after Corel bought the company that owned the Roxio products Corel sent everyone away. Corel recently started selling different functions of Toast as individual apps in the Apple Store. I think the current Toast 11 is at or near the end of the line. However, that's just me making a guess.

the Mac Toast 11 is not compatible with Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, let alone 10.9 Mavericks. It works perfectly on Mac OS X 10.9, 10.8, 10.7 and 10.6, making it a great Toast for Mac replacement.