Import From Scanner?

Pennalynn Lott

Question

9 answers to this question

My 72-year old father recently upgraded from C-2011 to C-NXT. C-2011 had an "Import From Scanner" button/option, but he can't find it in C-NXT.

Where is it hidden and/or how do you perform that function in C-NXT?

Did he try the import using Paint Shop 4? Import then Twain Acquire? The program should pick up his scanner and use the scanner software to do so.

He may have to learn a new program but it is a better photo editing program than PhotoSuite. I'll be 71 in 2 months and us older people like to learn new things. :P

Edited by sknis
  • Like 1

In Creator 2011, on the home page, click on the Photo tab, then on Import Photos, and all of the scanning options are available.

I don't have NXT loaded right now, but I would not doubt that the importing from a scanner was stripped out of the suite. It would not be the only thing, from previous versions, that was stripped out.

Edited by grandpabruce

The scan option is removed from Creator NXT, Photo Tab, Import Photos.

In W-7 & W-8 maybe Vista &XP, scan the photos and they go to My Documents, Scanned Documents, then in Photo Suite click open and navigate to My Documents, Scanned documents.

Not a big deal is it?

post-97-0-80408400-1379604380_thumb.jpg

I don't think I've used any image editors that do not have an import from scanner option of some sort..

In any event, cd, are these the directions that Pennalynn Lott's father should follow to import a scan with Windows? Thanks

To scan pictures with Windows Fax and Scan

Before you begin, make sure your scanner is properly installed and turned on.

1. Click the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818.jpg, click All Programs, and then click Windows Fax and Scan.

2. Click Scan in the bottom of the left pane.

3. On the toolbar, click New Scan.

4. In the New Scan dialog box, click the Profile list, and then click Photo. The default settings for scanning a photo, which you can use or change, are automatically displayed.

5. To see how the photo will appear when scanned, click Preview. If needed, change your scan settings, and then preview the image again.

6. Click Scan.

Then follow cd's directions above, reprinted here,

In W-7 & W-8 maybe Vista &XP, scan the photos and they go to My Documents, Scanned Documents, then in Photo Suite click open and navigate to My Documents, Scanned documents.