Sign in to follow this  
Flexx

Anybody Got An Answer To This? Roxio Software Bug- Maybe

Question

Ok, so aside from the fact that the software that comes w/ the HD Pro is complete crap (I mean really, how in the hell do you not even have a "fade in, fade out" option?); I seem to constantly be getting this problem whenever I set the capture birate to 10kbps or more.. Whenever I set the video bitrate to 10kbps [720p] or more, and try to edit the capture using the software that comes with the Roxio, its all fine... Until I upload to YouTube. When I upload to YouTube there is ALWAYS a half-inch to inch green bar at the bottom of the video-- only when its on YouTube.

Futhermore, if I edit the same file using Sony Vegas; no matter what the bitrate (usually 8 or more tho), the finished render project will always pixalate horrifically at random parts in the video.

This is definitely not a system spec problem; nor a cooling problem (I dont think).

Any fix suggestions? Like a different, COMPATIBLE editing program?

I'm not lowering the bitrate. Less bitrate equals lesser quality. Just want to see if there is a workaround before I sell or smash this pos.

Edited by Flexx

6 answers to this question

Ok, so aside from the fact that the software that comes w/ the HD Pro is complete crap (I mean really, how in the hell do you not even have a "fade in, fade out" option?); I seem to constantly be getting this problem whenever I set the capture birate to 10kbps or more.. Whenever I set the video bitrate to 10kbps [720p] or more, and try to edit the capture using the software that comes with the Roxio, its all fine... Until I upload to YouTube. When I upload to YouTube there is ALWAYS a half-inch to inch green bar at the bottom of the video-- only when its on YouTube.

Futhermore, if I edit the same file using Sony Vegas; no matter what the bitrate (usually 8 or more tho), the finished render project will always pixalate horrifically at random parts in the video.

This is definitely not a system spec problem; nor a cooling problem (I dont think).

Any fix suggestions? Like a different, COMPATIBLE editing program?

I'm not lowering the bitrate. Less bitrate equals lesser quality. Just want to see if there is a workaround before I sell or smash this pos.

It looks like your Roxio Game Capture HD is working just fine. Contact YouTube.

It looks like your Roxio Game Capture HD is working just fine. Contact YouTube.

Well, even if that was possible, I don't think it would solve the issue.

Yeah, my Roxio works fine while capturing. The software is just crap. The file type it outputs is just crap. The device is just crap. Guess I'll just throw it out.

Well, even if that was possible, I don't think it would solve the issue.

Yeah, my Roxio works fine while capturing. The software is just crap. The file type it outputs is just crap. The device is just crap. Guess I'll just throw it out.

I don't do anything with YouTube, but they may have an answer as why there is a problem with the video, once it is uploaded to their site. Maybe it has something to do with permissions and/or the type of file you are uploading.

Try signing into YouTube, first. Then upload your video (not from within Roxio), and see if there is a difference in the result.

Do a search for green bar it has been discussed in depth!

Got home now, yes the Topic on the Green Line, that only a couple of folks have encountered, is HERE

The Sony Vegas issue is well known and posted, look HERE and HERE

And the Editor also comes with 245 Transitions :o

Better to take some time to learn what software can do (Help File?) before shooting yourself in the foot...

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Got home now, yes the Topic on the Green Line, that only a couple of folks have encountered, is HERE

The Sony Vegas issue is well known and posted, look HERE and HERE

And the Editor also comes with 245 Transitions :o

Better to take some time to learn what software can do (Help File?) before shooting yourself in the foot...

How am I shooting myself in the the foot? The Roxio "videowave" software is sh*t. Very glitchy; always needing a workaround, and like I said- doesn't even have a feature as simple as making a clip "fade-in/fade-out". The hell with a transition.

Now I appreciate you trying to help, but you've been none. Your links for a Sony Vegas fix; irrelevant. I already know to extract audio from videowave to use in Vegas, and as for AVIDEMUX.. I tried it. Another workaround that isn't consistent.

Then I tried the green bar fix, and the problem still persist. I've got my solution already. Sell.

How am I shooting myself in the the foot? The Roxio "videowave" software is sh*t. Very glitchy; always needing a workaround, and like I said- doesn't even have a feature as simple as making a clip "fade-in/fade-out". The hell with a transition.

Now I appreciate you trying to help, but you've been none. Your links for a Sony Vegas fix; irrelevant. I already know to extract audio from videowave to use in Vegas, and as for AVIDEMUX.. I tried it. Another workaround that isn't consistent.

Then I tried the green bar fix, and the problem still persist. I've got my solution already. Sell.

Sorry it didn't work out for you.