Nxt Error Message

John from Telford

Question

On trying to install NXT on a Windows 8 Pro 64-bit system, I receive the following message : ERROR--"Setup has determined that your configuration does not support any of the included products". I purchased this this product on December 1, 2012 replacing Creator 2012. It downloaded properly when first purchased, but, due to a system failure resulting in re-installing from factory disks, it will not get past that error message. Has anyone had this problem, or know what I can possibly do to correct it ?

6 answers to this question

On trying to install NXT on a Windows 8 Pro 64-bit system, I receive the following message : ERROR--"Setup has determined that your configuration does not support any of the included products". I purchased this this product on December 1, 2012 replacing Creator 2012. It downloaded properly when first purchased, but, due to a system failure resulting in re-installing from factory disks, it will not get past that error message. Has anyone had this problem, or know what I can possibly do to correct it ?

Did you try the install to a administrator account without a compatibility set up? You should check that I don't have W8 so I don't even know if those are acceptable options. Here is a Kb article for that same error message for Windows 7.

Yes that can be done in Win8 as well ^_^

The 2 main things are that your account MUST have administrator privileges - if not, create one!

And instead of letting Setup.exe run automatically, Stop it and use Windows Explorer to ~ Right Click, select Properties and make sure NO Compatibility mode is selected :huh:

Please let us know, you are the first person to have this with NXT and Win 8!

(you should win a prize - I can ship you a large dust bunny :D)