• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Media Capture Not Responding

germanpilsner24

Question

HI guys, so i finally got my Roxio Capture HD Pro and spent 6 hours yesterday just trying to get the thing to work properly. I followed the instructions carefully and plugged everything in correctly from my PS3 -> Roxio Game Cap -> TV and also the Roxio Game Cap to my PC and installed the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro program to my PC (which i also noticed is that you must install the cd first with the drivers before the Roxio device is plugged in or it wont install the Roxo GameCap). My PC is also up to date with all its updates and should be well over the minimum system requirements. Please note i live in Germany and the screenshots i have are all in German so if something is unclear please ask. Here are my specs:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz

RAM: 8192MB RAM

Hard Drive: 6 TB Total

Graphic Card: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

Monitor: Silvercrest Widescreen/ Belnea PC Monitor

SoundCard: Digitalaudio (S/PDIF)/Realtek High Definition Audio

Speakers/Headphones: Tittan (C-Media USB Audio Device)

Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Ultimate

Mouse: Razer Imperator

Mousepad: Razer Vespula

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)

Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3

Casing: Fractal Design Core 3000

If there is anything i left out or you need to know just ask and ill answer to the best of my knowledge.

So basically it is like this...i have everything set up correctly...i start the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro program. A window comes up and i have 2 options, Capture and Edit and Share. I can click on edit and share and edit any movie files i have on my PC no problem, but what i bought this for was the Capture of gameplay for my PS3. So i click on "Capture" and a new window pops up and then after a few seconds the program decides it doesnt want to work and then says "Roxio Media Capture not responding" and after trying that a few times it eventually doesnt even try to make it work and a window comes up saying "Roxio Media Capture has stopped working".

post-115194-0-04200700-1380295440_thumb.png

So what i noticed is, when i do not have my Roxio GameCap plugged in and click "Capture" the window will open normally but i can not choose any options or anything because the device is not plugged in...as soon as i plug in my Roxio GameCap it will freeze up. So im assuming its a driver issue. Also by the installation i noticed it notifies me saying something like, Hey before we can install this we first need to deinstall these programs: - - but does not list any just has 2 bullets where a program would be....then asks, would you like to continue with the installation? I click yes. And it says it was successfully installed. Also what i found interesting is that the Roxio GameCap can also be used by Xsplit. So i would actually like to use the program that came with the device being its supposedly better, but i can still add the Roxio Game Cap as a camera in Xsplit so i can still live steam, but there is no sound. Im assuming this is because the only thing connected to my PC is 1 USB cable from the GameCap and the audio output are not connected to my PC, but instead my TV, like they should be. What im confused about is why does the Roxio GameCap work normally with Xsplit, but the program that came with the Roxio GameCap doesnt work with its own device???

So i know what some people will say, is my PC up to date on drivers - as far as i know yes, do i have everything plugged in correctly - yes, have i tried the "Repair" by the installation cd - yes, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling - yes...i have tried a lot and so far nothing has helped. I even ran the program as Admin and also in compatability mode. I dont know what to do...i am lost and really disappointed, being the fact i bought this for over $100 and it doesnt even work properly. i also contacted support but they were no help, they said my question doesnt fall under the support guarantee...and i dont understand because my problem is installation and getting the thing to work properly and supposedly i only have 14 day installation support before i am no longer to ask for help and am forced to pay MORE MONEY just to get them to help fix a problem with a device i ALREADY PAID FOR. So if anyone has any clue how this is to be fixed pleases let me know...if not i will just have to get a refund and buy another device that works. Please help and thank you!

Sincerely,

Thomas Barb aka germanpilsner24

10 answers to this question

There is some corruption in the Capture part of the program that needs fixed.

Like you, I find it odd that you continue to have remnents of incompatible programs that the installer identifies.

Have you installed other Roxio or WinOnCD Products?

First thing we want to try is an extensive uninstall - install. However if these remnents continue to show up, you may have to format that drive and start clean...

But first the re-install:

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Download and install the
Uninstaller. Then run it in
Moderate Mode
to remove any traces of Roxio.

Create a New User Account with Administrator Privileges.

Turn OFF any A/V & Firewall.

Reboot and log on to that new account.

Copy your entire disc to a new folder on your HDD.

In that new folder, right click on Setup.exe and select Properties.

Under the Compatibility tab, make sure
nothing
is checked!

Right click Setup.exe and select Open.

Allow it to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio not Windows)

Use the Default Locations!

HI,

No i have not installed any other Roxio or WinOnCD products.

I unplugged the RGC device and used the REVO uninstaller in moderate mode and tried to get rid of all i could of the Roxio software and files. I made a new admin account for windows and copied all the cd files to my HDD and made sure no compatability modes where checked and right clicked and opened up the program and let it check for update and even had to re-register the device. But i tried it and again same issue...nothing worked.

When you say format my drive and start clean you mean...format everything i have stored on there? Thats a lot of my stuff just got just to get this program to run. Im also kind of a noob when it comes to the technical stuff on PCs so im not 100% i got rid of everything from Roxio. Is there a way you or someone could help me through TeamViewer or Teamspeak or something?

I mean it is kind of a hassle to set up a new User account and have to reinstall all the things i need to a 2nd user account, not to mention deleting my complete hard drive...I have like 3 hard drives includding and SSD harddrive on my pc...wouldnt it just be easier to use another hard drive instead of deleting the main drive that i use for everything? Im sorry if i sound like im not cooperating im just trying to find a solution to my problem without formatting everything i have. If there is any possibility that you or someone else could look at my pc through a program like teamviewer and check out my situation it would be very helpful. I mean i want to livestream/record my gameplay with this device but i dont know if it is worth formatting my HDD. Like i said im not even 100% sure if i successfully removed all of the software from Roxio with the REVO program you suggested. None the less thank you for your support and if you could help me further i would be very greatful.

It's just odd that the software that comes with the device has compatibility problems. I also noticed somewhere in the Roxio files (sorry but dont remember where) i saw something saying something about "32bit" and was wondering if maybe the setup.exe is intended for PCs with 32 bit and not 64bit??? And if so if there is another software with a 64bit PC capability?

I know i am complicated but please dont give up on me :P

Sincerely,

Thomas Barb aka germanpilsner24

Thanks, that does help ;)

ROXIO_SETUP.LOG indicates incompatibleSuite.

This is extensive, but it what I suggest...

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Download and install the
Uninstaller. Then run it in
Moderate Mode
to remove any traces of Roxio.

Create a New User Account with Administrator Privileges.

Turn OFF any A/V & Firewall.

Reboot and log on to that new account.

Copy your entire disc to a new folder on your HDD.

In that new folder, right click on Setup.exe and select Properties.

Under the Compatibility tab, make sure
nothing
is checked!

Right click Setup.exe and select Open.

Allow it to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio not Windows)

Use the Default Locations!

Ok so i tried it again for the 2nd time and nothing worked.

Used REVO in moderate mode and deleted EVERYTHING to do with Roxio.

Created a new admin account for pc and rebooted and started as new admin.

Copied the cd files to my HDD and ran setup and installed to default location.

Still same problem...

Why would the device work with other programs like Xsplit (but without sound), but not with the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro software that came with the device???

This makes no sense to me. I believe there is something wrong with the software. Also i noticed i tried to open the "Edit and share" and it also has some problem saying

"It is not possible to dock selector at the current display resolution"...and this warning comes up like 2-3 times before it opens the "Welcome to Videowave" window and starts letting me edit videos.

Dont know if that helps but it looks like we are running out of options...im considering getting a refund.

Ok so i tried it again for the 2nd time and nothing worked.

Used REVO in moderate mode and deleted EVERYTHING to do with Roxio.

Created a new admin account for pc and rebooted and started as new admin.

Copied the cd files to my HDD and ran setup and installed to default location.

Still same problem...

Why would the device work with other programs like Xsplit (but without sound), but not with the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro software that came with the device???

This makes no sense to me. I believe there is something wrong with the software. Also i noticed i tried to open the "Edit and share" and it also has some problem saying

"It is not possible to dock selector at the current display resolution"...and this warning comes up like 2-3 times before it opens the "Welcome to Videowave" window and starts letting me edit videos.

Dont know if that helps but it looks like we are running out of options...im considering getting a refund.

The "dock selector" error message indicates that your screen resolution is set too low to be able to dock some of the selector windows.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info myguggi, i had a feeling it didnt mean much. Odd though being my resolution is set at the highest point (1360 x 768). Sadly though noone seems to know the answer to the main question...why cant i capture my videos using the Roxio GameCap HD Pro and the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro software**?

The editing program works wonderfully...perfect editor...sadly though i didnt buy this device just for the editor...i bought it to capture my gameplay.

Edited by germanpilsner24

Im pretty sure its the software...i mean if it was my PC being the problem then the device wouldnt work with other programs as well...anyways im gonna try it out on my friends PC in the next few days. If it doesnt work there i would say its safe to assume its the software or the capture device. Either way i need to figure out how to get my money back...ive tried writing support and they arent even cooperating in even telling me how i can go about getting a refund. I keep getting mails from support telling me to sign up for some of their video/photo enhancement classes. They are seriously getting on my nerves.