• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Windows Don't Like My Iso Files Made With Roxio 9

raycretired

Question

I have iso copies of my program library. And have been making bootable usb flash drives with many of them. Especially versions of windows 7, 8 etc. However, I cannot use the windows program WIndows-USB-DVD-tool. It says that they are not valid ISO files. What is wrong with Roxio ISO files to cause this. Is there a patch to correct this problem. i.e. a program to process Roxio ISO and make them compatible with the above program. Thanks. I received a message from the site monitor that I was using the wrong title (Program version). Rather juvenile statement by the monitor. The question in itself was obvious and requiring an answer. Obviously, now, time and effort has been wasted rather than an answer posted. I suppose this will be removed as the result of my comments. Sorry. If anyone has an answer, my email is raycretired@charter.net. Posted by Raymond C Phillips, LT USN Retired and 80 years young nerd.

Edited by raycretired

2 answers to this question

Look in the ISO files and post a screen short of what you see.

There is no Roxio 9; if you mean Creator 2009, please post that or your post will be moved somewhere else (EMC 9) which is a much older piece of software.

Edited by sknis

If you're trying to use the Windows tool on a Roxio ISO or any other for that matter I don't think it will work.

That tool was made by MS to specifically make a bootable USB or DVD for Windows 7.

This article explains better.

If you no longer have a Roxio product that will write the file for you then you can get Imgburn for free at this site and it will do the job.