Sign in to follow this  
Tennant

Would The Game Capture Hd Pro In Theory Work On Mac Os X?

Question

Hello,

Fellow Mac OS X user here. Was looking into purchasing a Roxio Game Capture HD Pro but I noticed a lack of any mention about mac users. The specs are written for PC users. Since the device itself is just hardware, would I be able to just plug the badboy into my Mac and use it with 3rd party software? Or does the included software work on Mac aswell?

Just wondering before I purchase,

Thanks.

5 answers to this question

Hello,

Fellow Mac OS X user here. Was looking into purchasing a Roxio Game Capture HD Pro but I noticed a lack of any mention about mac users. The specs are written for PC users. Since the device itself is just hardware, would I be able to just plug the badboy into my Mac and use it with 3rd party software? Or does the included software work on Mac aswell?

Just wondering before I purchase,

Thanks.

Save you money. That bad boy isn't going to work with your Mac, which is quite evident, if you read the requirements for the bad boy.

• Like 1

Save you money. That bad boy isn't going to work with your Mac, which is quite evident, if you read the requirements for the bad boy.

I want to believe that but the hauppauge dosen't list being used for Mac on the back of most of its products, but they openly admitted that a few 3rd party programs allow it to work just as well as their native software included for pc does.

I want to believe that but the hauppauge dosen't list being used for Mac on the back of most of its products, but they openly admitted that a few 3rd party programs allow it to work just as well as their native software included for pc does.

Well, go ahead and buy it then. Give it your best shot, and let us know how it works out for you. ;)

As I understand it.... Using Bridge or some other solution that allows a MAC to boot up as a PC will work.

One or two other users have relayed this and it makes sense as todays MACs are nothing but a PC in an Apple case so booting to Windows makes you a fully compliant PC.

But I have not heard Anyone that has found any software, PC or MAC, that can run with this device!!!

This is not unusual, I have an AverMedia HD capture card and NOTHING can use it but their software :huh:

Actually, you can use the RGC on Mac OS. You can use bootcamp to install a Windows partition and from there you can use the RGC.

I have no luck with emulators though so I reccommend you to stick with making a Windows partition.