Install Problem With Creator 2012 Pro - Split From Another Topic

Josecito

Question

I have a big installation problem as I unistalled Roxio creator 2011 to install 2012 pro. The install goes about 70 % and then rolls back. I have tried this install for many days and folloed suggestions repair .net; create new administrative account and then install; startup with disabled services, etc. I have not been able to install to this day. I am running on win 7 ultimate, I do not know how to attach the log file so hat, just maybe, someone is able to help me. Thank you

7 answers to this question

I have the same issue with Roxio creator 2012 pro. I have trfied many times and days to install it on my win 7 ultimate to no avail. Now I cannot even install 2011 which I unistalled in order to have the newer 2012 pro on my pc. The program installs for the most part until it gets to updating components and then rolls back. I opened the log file and somewhere I saw emc_13 fails to install with exit code 1603. What should I do to try and fix this?Thank you for your support.By the way if I could be told how to attach the log file I could do that.

Log probalby won't do much good, it will say '1603'...

This is extensive, but it what I suggest...

Download and install the
Uninstaller. Then run it in
Moderate Mode
to remove any traces of Roxio.

Create a New User Account with Administrator Privileges.

Turn OFF any A/V & Firewall.

Reboot and log on to that new account.

Copy your entire disc to a new folder on your HDD.

In that new folder, right click on Setup.exe and select Properties.

Under the Compatibility tab, make sure
nothing
is checked!

Right click Setup.exe and select Open.

Allow it to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio not Windows)

Use the Default Locations!
Edited by Jim_Hardin

Sorry for the delay: To this date I have been unable to install Roxio 2012 pro. I receive error whe install is carried out and then the install rolls back. Here is the DXdiag from my Pc. Hopefully you are able to help me in this issue. I have uninstalled Roxio 2012 with Perfect Uninstaller and removed any files pertaining to Roxio 2011 from my pc. Thank you.

DxDiag.txt

Just to double check. Are you getting any error messages?

Above, I pointed out some steps to install a Roxio product and asked if you did all of them. You did not reply.

Searching the Roxio Install database, I found this which is in the link I posted. This one is the only one applicable. Did you open and use the link I posted - be honest if you really are serious about help. :unsure:

Why did you user "Perfect Uninstaller" rather than REVO. In rating systems, that is a poorer choice.

Edited by sknis