• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Converting Nikon Mov File To Usable Files In Videowavee

apcipriano

Question

7 answers to this question

Can anyone tell me why a Nikon MOV file is giving a "heky jerky" effect when running In Videowave? Do I need to code it as an MPEG2 file first and if so, how? Thanks!

Since mpg2 is what eventually end up on a DVD, that is a good choice .That will allow the program to not have to do a lot of encoding and re-encoding. First try converting it using Roxio Video Copy and Convert. There are many FREE video encoders available. Look for them. I use "Any Video Encoder" because it is fast and will do a batch encode for all the mov files you have.

By the way, do you have the latest version of Quicktime on your computer. That should help.

I'll update Quicktime now and look into "Any Video Encoder." My understanding is that the MOV file is really an MP4 file but don't why it's acting like an AVI file in Videowave: difficult to edit. Thanks for the suggestions.

What is it you want to do with the mov file?

Jerky behaviour can also be due to a inadequate system. How about listing your system specs?

I don't know what you mean by "it's acting like an AVI file in Videowave: difficult to edit." Avi files are among the easiest to edit in Videowave but then there hundreds of "avi" flavours!

I have no problems with mov files but again there are all sorts of mov files from different manufacturers and each wants to "protect" their format. Also your assumption a mov file is really a mp4 file is not really correct.

Edited by myguggi

Can anyone tell me why a Nikon MOV file is giving a "heky jerky" effect when running In Videowave? Do I need to code it as an MPEG2 file first and if so, how? Thanks!

My Nikon Mov files work perfectly in Creator 2010, but they don't work in any Roxio version after that, without converting it first.

Hi. Sorry for the delay in response. Here are my computer specs: Alienware Aurora Desktop circa 2010. 6 GB Triple Channel DDR3; Overclocked Intel Core i7980 Extreme 6C; Single 1.8 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 GDDR3; 640 GB SATA -II 3gs/s 7200 RPM, 16 MB cache HDD; Overclocked Intel Core 1; Windows 7 Home Premium, 65 bit. I have tried to "capture" the video first through Media import but, for some reason, the program won't import video coming from an SD card. Thanks.