• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator Nxt Will Not Open

TuneSmith05

Question

I posted this yesterday and was directed to start a new topic here. So,...

Posted Yesterday, 11:39 AM

Hi, I've also been unable to open Creator NXT on my Windows 7 computer. I've been successfully using since mid-June.

I'd be happy to send a PM to Rox-Ralf, but I don't know his email. Was going to try deinstall - reinstall but there seem to be 2 many horror stories (10 times, no success?).

Thanks for help.

Repairs don't count!

Try it this way:

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Repairs don't count!

Try it this way:

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

I didn't get Roxio w/install disc; rather a download.

I didn't get Roxio w/install disc; rather a download.

Now insert your Roxio Disc. click the .exe of your Creator NXT download.

When you reach the screen where Repair is offered, choose that!

No?

This is not hard?

I did everything I was told to do, and after waiting over 5 hours for all 3 pages to download, I went to bed.

This morning (2:30am now) I checked my computer, and Roxio was not installed nor were there any emails from Roxio, except one from Rox-Ralf asking me to reply with install count, which I can't do because 1) I don't know his email address, and 2) I dont have a serial #.

Oh, and I saw that I had an invoice for $68.94. This was not a new order, rather a replacement for a Creator nxt that didnt work.

Please tell me what's goin on??

1) If you got an e-mail, then you could reply to that e-mail. If not, you can use the private message feature on this forum. Use the envelop at the top of this page.

2) Why don't you have a serial number from that earlier installation? You said you didn't uninstall it.

If it took that long to download the program, there is something terribly wrong with your internet provider. After you downloaded the files (not pages) you still need to install them.

What is the date of the invoice? Did you perhaps try to download it again? If you did not pay for the extended download when you first bought the program, and now you have tried to redown the program, then you have just bought it again. Contact Digital River (the people you bought it from) and explain the situation.

Calm down, address one situation at a time. It seems that things are getting a little confusing.

• Like 1

1) If you got an e-mail, then you could reply to that e-mail. If not, you can use the private message feature on this forum. Use the envelop at the top of this page.

2) Why don't you have a serial number from that earlier installation? You said you didn't uninstall it.

If it took that long to download the program, there is something terribly wrong with your internet provider. After you downloaded the files (not pages) you still need to install them.

What is the date of the invoice? Did you perhaps try to download it again? If you did not pay for the extended download when you first bought the program, and now you have tried to redown the program, then you have just bought it again. Contact Digital River (the people you bought it from) and explain the situation.

Calm down, address one situation at a time. It seems that things are getting a little confusing.

I did uninstall and reinstall.

I have Roxio files identified in my computer, so I guess they got here OK (but not installed)

I'll contact DR for billing issues.

Can you help me install?

Thanks

I did uninstall and reinstall.

I have Roxio files identified in my computer, so I guess they got here OK (but not installed)

I'll contact DR for billing issues.

Can you help me install?

Thanks

Whoa, perhaps we are getting ahead of ourselves. I just want to clarify that download is NOT the same as install.

1) Did you truly uninstall the program? How?

2) Did you reinstall the program?

3) How many times?

4) Do you need your install count reset? That happens for people who are doing things like reformatting their hard drive after a crash, or similar more than 10 (ten times). Did you do that? The program won't install if you have tried ito install it too many times.

5) Did you send an e-mail or use a private message to Ralf? Did yoiu get a reply?

6) Did you talk to the place where you bought the second program? If you try to install that, you won't get your money back.

7) Right click on the Roxio files that you see and tell us what the extension is. If it is an exe file it is a install file.

8) Double check, from what you are saying yoiu should have two sets of exe files. Do you?

9) I live too far away from you to help you install. Do you have a neighbor or friend to help you?

10) Tell us about your computer by doing and posting this (link).

After we get your replies, we can help more. Make sure you do these things (link) before trying to install again.

I'm sure you want to get the program installed and start using it. If you take your time, things will actually go faster.

Whoa, perhaps we are getting ahead of ourselves. I just want to clarify that download is NOT the same as install.

3) How many times?

4) Do you need your install count reset? That happens for people who are doing things like reformatting their hard drive after a crash, or similar more than 10 (ten times). Did you do that? The program won't install if you have tried ito install it too many times.

5) Did you send an e-mail or use a private message to Ralf? Did yoiu get a reply?

6) Did you talk to the place where you bought the second program? If you try to install that, you won't get your money back.

7) Right click on the Roxio files that you see and tell us what the extension is. If it is an exe file it is a install file.

8) Double check, from what you are saying yoiu should have two sets of exe files. Do you?

9) I live too far away from you to help you install. Do you have a neighbor or friend to help you?

After we get your replies, we can help more. Make sure you do these things (link) before trying to install again.

I'm sure you want to get the program installed and start using it. If you take your time, things will actually go faster.

I'm having a lot of problems solving this.

I had answered all of your questions, then left the page to look at the linked page, when I returned, my entire response was in alphabet heaven.

Leaving for a few hours, I'll re-do.

3) How many times?

OK, here are the responses:

1) After checking, I found files from June 20 (my sale date) as well as the Oct 1 (yesterday's download). The Oct file has .exe suffix.

So, I guess I didn't eliminate them.

2) Did not re-install.

3) One download after initial purchase

4) Need assistance

5) No

6) Yes. (Didn't know I wasn't talking to Roxio until you told me). They assisted me over the phone - I explained that this was to replace s/w that stopped working; she something that made me believe it was a n/c transaction. That's why I was surprised to get their invoice. (I did not try to install)

1) After checking, I found files from June 20 (my sale date) as well as the Oct 1 (yesterday's download). The Oct file has .exe suffix.

2) Did not re-install.

4) Need assistance

5) No

6) Yes. (Didn't know I wasn't talking to Roxio until you told me). They assisted me over the phone - I explained that this was to replace s/w that stopped working; she something that made me believe it was a n/c transaction. That's why I was surprised to get their invoice. (I did not try to install)

Your answers seem to indicate that you are confusing "download" and "install".

Downloading means getting the program files from a website such as Roxio. You certainly do not want to "eliminate" them from you system and infact you should make a copy of them on a DVD or on another hard drive.

Install means using the files you downloaded to actually install the program on your system

How about the answers to sknis' questions 7 to 10?

2) Did not re-install.

4) Need assistance

5) No

7,8) I just found 1 file w/.exe.

9) OK, if you can't be of assistance on this discussion, then you can't be of assistance

10) Let me know if I did this properly. http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/81985-identifying-your-computer-specs-and-computer-drivers-windows/

7,8) I just found 1 file w/.exe.

9) OK, if you can't be of assistance on this discussion, then you can't be of assistance

10) Let me know if I did this properly. http://forums.suppor...rivers-windows/

There are 2 install files that you should have downloaded. One is the "program" install file and the other the "content" install file which contains a lot of extra features.

What is the full filename of the file you downloaded?

There are 2 install files that you should have downloaded. One is the "program" install file and the other the "content" install file which contains a lot of extra features.

What is the full filename of the file you downloaded?

RoxioCreatorNXT_LC36AXD0R13 June 20 (original)

RoxioCreatorNXTContent_LD04AXD0SQA June 21 (original)

RoxioNXTDownloadManager (2) Oct 1

RoxioNXTDownloadManager (1) Oct 1

RoxioNXTDownloadManager June 20

RoxioNXTDownloadManager (2) Oct 1

RoxioNXTDownloadManager (1) Oct 1

RoxioNXTDownloadManager June 20

Burn the first 2, in your list, to separate DVDs, and put them away for safe keeping.

The download manager is a small program to help you download those two big files, the Program and Content. You have three copies of it there.

Now you have the Program and Content files down, you can delete the three copies of the download manager.

The download manager is a small program to help you download those two big files, the Program and Content. You have three copies of it there.

Now you have the Program and Content files down, you can delete the three copies of the download manager.

I have the 2 old files in my Nero program, waiting to buy a device with enough storage for backup.

I have deleted 3 copies of Download Mgr.

I added Direct x, which wasnt there before.

I turned off Firewall and Virus protection, and am hopeful to get assistance on the re-install.

I have the 2 old files in my Nero program, waiting to buy a device with enough storage for backup.

I have deleted 3 copies of Download Mgr.

I added Direct x, which wasnt there before.

I turned off Firewall and Virus protection, and am hopeful to get assistance on the re-install.

What "2 old files in my Nero program" are you talking about? What does Nero have to do with anything here?

Still not sure I have my head wrapped around all of this :huh:

Your file, "RoxioCreatorNXT_LC36AXD0R13 June 20 (original)" is for the Roxio Creator NXT... You Do Not have the Pro version, correct?

You are going to have to get your Product Key. You can get it here with these, 4 steps:

1. Click on Roxio:

post-39730-0-90248700-1380847207_thumb.jpg

2. Click on My Account:

post-39730-0-88898500-1380847211_thumb.jpg

3. Log in:

post-39730-0-65494400-1380847213_thumb.jpg

4. Copy your Product Key:

post-39730-0-80333900-1380847220_thumb.jpg

For best results I am recommending that follow these processes: (good idea to Print this so you can check off each one as you go)

Download and install the
Uninstaller. Then run it in
Moderate Mode
to remove any traces of Roxio.

Then turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Right Click on your "RoxioCreatorNXT_LC36AXD0R13.exe" file and click on Properties.

Then click the Compatibility tab and Make Sure, nothing is selected!!!

Close that and Right click the exe file again and choose "Run as administrator"

When the Install competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

I realize this is extensive but I want to give you the very best chance of success ;)

Edited by Jim_Hardin

I was told to backup these files.

If you are talking about the 2 files that I told you to back up, they are NOT Nero files. Those are your Roxio NXT files.

These are the 2 files that I told you to back up:

I was told to backup these files.

NOW I reinstalled NXT and am back where I started from -'

It won't open!

Does anybody there have the ability and/or patience to get me back up, or do I have to start demanding my money back?

(Plus, nobody ever explained why this s/w became unusable.)