• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Vhs To Dvd 3 Plus Will Not Do 16:9 Format

Chrisbasil

Question

4 answers to this question

What am I doing wrong. I have home videos with 16:9 format and VHS to DVD 3 Plus will not record it in that format it squeezes the picture to 4:3.

On what device are the 16 by 9 home videos that you are trying to capture? Camcorder, memory card, VHS tape, digital tape, etc?

Most (but not all ) VHS tapes are 4 by 3. If you are using a VHS tape, how did you capture the 16 by 9 to it?

More likely they are not in a true 16:9 format to begin with otherwise it will sense that and capture correctly...

Try using your DVD Player as a test source. You should have some 4:3 & 16:9 movies around to test with ;)

But even that is actually 4:3 format output, isn't it? I've got DVDs that are "widescreen" but it's just widescreen fit within the 4:3 format with black bars top and bottom. DVD is "Standard Definition" which is 4:3 as I recall. Blu-Ray would be HD and a true wide-screen format.

But even that is actually 4:3 format output, isn't it? I've got DVDs that are "widescreen" but it's just widescreen fit within the 4:3 format with black bars top and bottom. DVD is "Standard Definition" which is 4:3 as I recall. Blu-Ray would be HD and a true wide-screen format.

Widescreen 16:9 format aspect ratio

The widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio is the image standard of the future, designed to succeed the traditional 4:3 square aspect ratio. To take advantage of the benefits “true” widescreen can offer, you need to own both a widescreen television and videos coded in a 16:9 aspect ratio, such as High Definition television content, which only comes in widescreen format.

Although widescreen 16:9 format is synonymous with High Definition content, 16:9 is also commonly used with standard definition television and DVDs. The reason for this is because DVD film producers and TV broadcasters offer both 16:9 and 4:3 outputs.

http://www.bambooav....43-formats.html