Magan

Copying Vhs Tapes To Pc Or External Hard Drive

I have purchased a video grabber however my video recorder only has audio output at the back.

There is a scart line out socket so I can connect the video grabber to this socket. Will this method work. I have tried this but no response. Can you advise please.

Thanks

I have purchased a video grabber however my video recorder only has audio output at the back.

There is a scart line out socket so I can connect the video grabber to this socket. Will this method work. I have tried this but no response. Can you advise please.

Thanks

If you have the right kind of SCART device it should work if the grabber has the right input/output. Which one do you have? A link to the information on it would be very helpful also which SCART do you have?

Thanks

What "video grabber" package did you purchase?

The video Grabber is Honestech usb 2.0

The grabber is connected to a 3 to 3 AV cable but as there is only connection for two cables (audio L & R) on the back of the VCR i used a scart adaptor ( not sure if this is correct name).

One side of adaptor plugs into scart 'out' on VCR & 3 to 3 AV cable is connected to other side of the adaptor. the following no. is stamped on the adaptor - VMC-91 .

The adaptor contains 11 pins

I hope this info is helpful and thank you for quick reply

The video Grabber is Honestech usb 2.0

The grabber is connected to a 3 to 3 AV cable but as there is only connection for two cables (audio L & R) on the back of the VCR i used a scart adaptor ( not sure if this is correct name).

One side of adaptor plugs into scart 'out' on VCR & 3 to 3 AV cable is connected to other side of the adaptor. the following no. is stamped on the adaptor - VMC-91 .

The adaptor contains 11 pins

I hope this info is helpful and thank you for quick reply

Should you not be asking those questions on the Honestech site?

Connect the SCART from the VHS to your TV if your TV will accept the input.. If you get a good signal; it is probably OK to use for video capture.

It would have been simpler if you would have bought the Roxio program and device.

When I connect scart to TV the video plays on TV but when I connect scart to laptop there is nothing !!

That is where the capture device comes in !. Now it is really time to talk to Honestech. Good luck.