Sign in to follow this  
STLxTACO32

Editing Issues - Split

Question

Also using videowave and audacity. Trying to simultaneously delete a part of a clip. Using markers and trim only deletes the video. From what was posted above changed the audio from sfx track to internal. Still only deletes the video. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

25 answers to this question

On the surface, what you describe is not even possible :rolleyes:

But it is probably just the way you explained it ;)

Give us some screen caps so we can see what you are doing, posting info is found

HERE

Not sure what to do a screen capture of. Let me see if I can explain better. What I have is a video clip from my roxio with voice commentary from audacity. They are the same length. I want to delete the same segment on both. Deleting them individually is a pain since I then have to re-align the video and audio. Is there a way to delete the audio and video at the same time? Thanks

More Better!

Yes, place your Audacity Audio file on the Internal track of the video.

NOW where that can cause you trouble is if you have a bunch of video clips as it can only add in internally to ONE :huh:

What you do in that case is don't add it yet! First output your un-Edited production (all the clips) to a new file so that you have one contiguous video file...

Then with that file, add your audio file ;)

Then you can split and delete and everything will stay intact.

Moved the audio to the internal but it still only deletes the video. Maybe I'm using the wrong method to delete. I set markers in timeline (the +button) then clicked the space between markers so a line showed up then clicked the trim button to the right of the plus. By the way thanks for helping.

Again I would say that is impossible, BUT I want to test it -_-

Of course my PC with RGC is in a maintenace cycle for the next several hours!

I'll get it later ;)

You finally got through to me :lol:

You are correct! It does not split the Audio when done that way!

So to do that you have to take that intermediate step I suggested in Post #4, Get the Audio added and synced, then output a new file with Export As...

Start a New Project using that new file and do your splits & deletes with that one ;)

It will work this way because when you create the new file, the separate Audio becomes combined with the Internal Audio of the file... That way you can then hack it to pieces and it will disappear :lol:

Give it a try that way and let us know if that is what you need!

Thanks I'll try that when I get home later. Any particular file type or does it matter? I'm guessing it doesn't matter :)

Edited by STLxTACO32

Great!!!

It can be a little a little baffling at times. I recorded some things yesterday and ran into the slow, garbled Audio that some have mentioned :huh:

Have to see if that is repeatable or just a fluke...

It isn't working again :( It hasn't worked since the power went out while exporting a file. Any suggestions? Thanks

Edited by STLxTACO32

You don't really work too hard to explain anything...

You are going to have to supply some screen caps that clearly show what your project consists of, what you are doing, and what is failing!

Sorry it's actually my son who is doing the capturing and editing. He didn't give me much as far as details other than it's the same as before which would be above.

OK :lol:

Can't really help without a better 'picture' of what is going on. As I said at the start, the initial description is simply not even possible to attain even if you wanted to... If audio is on an internal track and you split/delete a portion of that track, the audio going with it :huh:

I still can't figure out what's wrong. He took a new game capture, did export as, used the new file and added the audio on the internal track, did export as and used that new file to try to edit the video and audio simultaneously. Didn't work. Do I have the steps right?

Yes the steps are right but please review what the issue is???

There are 2 possibles here.

One is Audio out of sync which can happen in the Render Process.

The other is not being able to cut portions of the audio out ~ which is impossible following the steps I outlined (if it is on the internal track and you cut from the regular editing, it is IMPOSSIBLE for that audio not to be cut!)

You adjust the audio left and right to coincide with the video. Sometimes if you need to go more to the 'left', you have to add a black panel at the beginning of the Video so you can move the audio to the 'left' ;)

BUT is that your issue??? We started this Topic on the premise that you could not CUT sections of the added audio out of the project...

Could be the problem. When capturing my son starts the video first then the audio. I thought syncing just meant having the audio start where you wanted it to ;)

Edited by STLxTACO32