• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd Builder Won't Start - Runtime Error

dario_romani

Question

Running Widows 2000 Pro SP4 and Easy Media Creator 7.5 (retail CD version).

DVD Builder worked fime last time I used it several months ago.

Now, when I try to launch DVD Builder from the Easy Media Creator main menu, I first see the "Please wait... Loading Component" message.

Then I get the following dialog box:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library-----

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error!

Program: ...\DVDBuilder7.exe

The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for information.

OK

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After I click OK, I get the following dialog box:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library---

(Red circle with big X) Runtime error!

R6025

-pure virtual function call

OK

After I click OK, "Please wait... Loading Component" message disappears and nothing else happens.

I have tried running the Roxio repair function from the uninstall menu, but the problem is still the same.

Other components such as VideoWave and PhotoSuite still work fine.

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Dario R.

1 answer to this question

Running Widows 2000 Pro SP4 and Easy Media Creator 7.5 (retail CD version).

DVD Builder worked fime last time I used it several months ago.

Now, when I try to launch DVD Builder from the Easy Media Creator main menu, I first see the "Please wait... Loading Component" message.

Then I get the following dialog box:

-----Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library-----

Runtime Error!

The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for information.

OK

After I click OK, I get the following dialog box:

----Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library---

(Red circle with big X) Runtime error!

R6025

-pure virtual function call

OK

After I click OK, "Please wait... Loading Component" message disappears and nothing else happens.

I have tried running the Roxio repair function from the uninstall menu, but the problem is still the same.

Other components such as VideoWave and PhotoSuite still work fine.

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Dario R.

You could try this hotfix, even though it is for version 7.1:

a. Download and save the 'emc71hot1.exe' application to your desktop using the following link:

http://tools.roxio.com/support/hotfix/emc71hot1.exe

b. Close all open software including Internet Explorer and any Roxio applications

c. Double click on the 'mgbo.exe' file located on your desktop

d. Choose 'yes' to 'run DVD Builder Launch Fix'

e. Read the information presented on screen before applying the update

f. Once you have read the items listed there, choose 'I agree' to continue

g. Once installed, click the 'close' button

h. Reboot your computer

i. Try to launch DVD Builder

Archived