Sign in to follow this  
jamesfrmphilly

Toast 11 Won't Read Cd Text Off My Burned Cds

Question

toast 11 immediately goes to grace note DB.

my personal mix Cd is not there.

it then does not read the text off the CD.

i have no problem with toast 10.

is there a way to dis able the automatic grace note search?

5 answers to this question

I don't see any way to turn off the automatic lookup other than to disconnect your Mac from the Internet. As you noted Toast used to read the CD Text info but I haven't checked with Toast 11. The Mac OS also automatically looks for that info when there a CD isn't recognized in the cdinfo database file. A workaround you could do is to get the CDText-to-cdinfo applescript at Dougscripts.com which is then used in the Scripts menu of iTunes. Toast then would read the cdinfo file for that information. That seems like a silly nuisance, however.

When you choose Disc Info in the Toast Recorder menu, does Toast then describe the CD Text information?

I just checked with my iMac running OS 10.7 and Toast 11.1 read the CD Text from a disc that was otherwise unrecognized by the Mac (I also turned off my WiFi connection to the Internet). Also, relating to your other topic, The extraction of tracks from the disc to Toast was quick and I didn't experience a delay before it began. I did use my external LaCie optical drive which is much quicker than the built-in superdrive. I'm not having the same experience you are having.

Maybe it will help if you trash the Toast plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder and relaunch Toast.

i have a new IMAC running 10.8.5

i already have the dougscript in my itunes.

IMAC no longer has a built in drive. i have a mac dive on USB2.

it's super slow.

i have reverted back to toast 10. it still reads the CD text.

i'm looking for a way to dis able the grace note in toast 11.

i have a new IMAC running 10.8.5

i already have the dougscript in my itunes.

IMAC no longer has a built in drive. i have a mac dive on USB2.

it's super slow.

i have reverted back to toast 10. it still reads the CD text.

i'm looking for a way to dis able the grace note in toast 11.

So Toast 10 is reading the CD Text even when cdinfo has different information from Gracenote whereas Toast 11 defaults to the cdinfo information? Is that what you're saying? Because Toast 11.1 is seeing CD Text for me if there is no information in the cdinfo database and there either is no Gracenote info available or the Mac is not online.

There is no way to stop Gracenote in Toast that I can determine other than disconnecting from the Internet or by making sure iTunes has written the information you want to the Mac's cdinfo database.

If you like trial and error you can open the Toast 11.1 package and search the contents for CDDB. Drag the found files out of the package. That should break Gracenote from working in Toast. I don't know if it may break something else.