• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

vcarr1989

My Capture Pro Hd Is Not Being Recognized

Question

Okay so Yesterday I ordered the Game cap pro hd. I was excited so I spent the extra money for next day shipping.

I come home from school today and there she is. Brand new game cap device

I open the box get all the wires hooked up and finally plug in the Usb cable to the Usb port. Yes its a usb 2.0 port

direct connect , not hub.

Well nothing happens. No device found sounds. No little pop up nothing.

I change cables and same issue.

That was on my i7 windows 7 desktop. Frustrated I get out my school laptop

and plug it in. Also running windows 7. And again no device found jingle or anything.

At this point I am extremely frustrated. I already filed a report with roxio since i did manage to register the software,

oh yeah thats all i could do register the software.

I might just cancel or retract payment since I did pay with pay pal. And send back the device at their cost. I am not willing to

pay to return something defective. And the fact that I spent the extra 17-20 $ on next day shipping.

Anyone have had this issue? Only thing i see going on is

I do get video from ps3 to tv with wires connected to the Game cap

Once usb is plugged in the blue purpleish light turns on. But that is all

Device manager does not even twitch.

Please help ... tHANKS

First... Unless directed (you were not) NEVER plug in any USB Device until AFTER you install the software for it!

The RGC pass through only works when The Software & Drivers are Installed.

This is what you should see in your Device Manager:

post-39730-0-18460400-1380848626_thumb.jpg

What do you have?

That was my mistake on plugging it in first. But I always have the device manage open, and like I mentioned before nothing changed, The usual device added tone did not go off either. Thanks for the quick reply btw

2mfkmch.jpg

Then a proper repair should set it right!

Give this a shot and let us know ;)

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Its a fairly fresh install.

So it was easier no av , not a big believer in registry cleaners.

So I went ahead and slipped the disc in and did the updates aandeverything they way you mentioned. Restarted the pc and plugged it in. Same thing. No signs of connectivity going on. And roxio support has not contacted me. Luckily I did buy it using pay pal so I have already started a dispute. If roxio does not step in, I will just demand a refund. Thanks for the help btw sir!

Your expectations concerning support are a little bit North of Reality ;)

Of course your description points to a faulty RGC Device... If it were mine, I would test that on one more PC somewhere, if I could.

Otherwise, you need to exchange it... Where did you purchase it?

I know it seems like I am expecting much from customer support, but I did file the support request On thursday, i was told I would be contacted within 24 hours, and still i have not heard word from them. I even called yesterday, and was told i would get a call in an hour. Again nothing. I havent dealt with a company that does this. I have dealt with many companies and this is my first time I experience this. I bought the unit directly from the Roxio Page.

Well i used 3 different Usb cables. and 4 different computers. 2 laptops and 2 desktops (not outdated machines). Nothing. I brought the device to work today since we have very nice late model computers, and still nothing. I wish they could just have someone on the phone to say okay, we will ship you another one asap as I have heard before from other companies.

Thanks Jim for the advice and the quick replies.

Support is Mon - Fri, but can run slower than expected. Something about the current economy... :(

I'll see if I can give them nudge -_-

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Guest Rox-Ralf

Thank you sir. I appreciate the help.

Hi vcarr1189,

Can you please send me your email address and the case number so I can check our database? I will put this conversation on the case number so they can provide a replacement for your Roxio Game Capture product.

Regards,

Ralf

Let us know how that works out ~ always interested in the outcome ^_^

Hello I had somewhat of the same issue minus that I did not plug in the USB until after full instlation (did step by step of tutoral video) My card works fine as far as setup with PS3 but when I load software on computer Power light just blinks red for a moment when I connect USB. Also it does not show in my device list even after taking the steps you showed. Any help would be awesome Guru! Also it shows "No input" when capture window is open. Edited by ArabObama

Hello I had somewhat of the same issue minus that I did not plug in the USB until after full instlation (did step by step of tutoral video) My card works fine as far as setup with PS3 but when I load software on computer Power light just blinks red for a moment when I connect USB. Also it does not show in my device list even after taking the steps you showed. Any help would be awesome Guru! Also it shows "No input" when capture window is open.

Read the whole Topic and if your answers are the same, apply the solutions.

If not detail what is different ;)

• Like 1

Well a few things are I did not get it directly from Roxio I got an open box version from Amazon, but today I did make some progress the power light now stays purple/blue and when I plug in the usb it reads as new device. However now it shows as a unrecognized usb device so it may just be a driver issue? If you need screen shots or any clearer info please ask and thank you for offering your time.

Then follow the directions in Post #4.

Verify that you show the correct Roxio device as shown in Post #2

• Like 1

I have done that and each time after repair and reset it always comes up unrecognized, is there a way to manually load driver?

Then follow the directions in Post #4.

Verify that you show the correct Roxio device as shown in Post #2

Read the whole Topic and if your answers are the same, apply the solutions.

If not detail what is different ;)

How do I post photos I have a few screens for you both.

The Green 'No Signal' is a the clue along with the complete absence of the device in your Device Manager...

Let's go to the extreme install step to get this settled once and for all!

If this does not work - Return it for a refund!

But keep in mind you must follow these steps exactly!!!

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Download and install the
Uninstaller. Then run it in
Moderate Mode
to remove any traces of Roxio.

Create a New User Account with Administrator Privileges.

Turn OFF any A/V & Firewall.

Reboot and log on to that new account.

Copy your entire disc to a new folder on your HDD.

In that new folder, right click on Setup.exe and select Properties.

Under the Compatibility tab, make sure
nothing
is checked!

Right click Setup.exe and select Open.

Allow it to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio not Windows)

Use the Default Locations!

I'll be looking for your success story :lol:

Words can't say how angry I am right now thank you for all your help to hell with Amazon!!!

post-116468-0-69345900-1386976287_thumb.png

Words can't say how angry I am right now thank you for all your help to hell with Amazon!!!

I think you should be more angry at yourself for trying to go on the cheap - buying an open-box package from Amazon :blink:

I think you should be more angry at yourself for trying to go on the cheap - buying an open-box package from Amazon :blink:

That shouldn't matter, I do that when available myself :P

Pictures are not by themselves, a thousand words... What are you trying to show us there?

Just that the same thing happened after the hard reinstall you had me do I am going to try and return it. Once again thank you very much for your help

Just that the same thing happened after the hard reinstall you had me do I am going to try and return it. Once again thank you very much for your help

Let us know how that goes if you think of it ;)