Roxio 2012 Will Not Re-Install

tryton

Question

I have Roxio 2012. After recent computer repair, it would not convert video. Not being a tech person, I thought just to uninstall/reinstall the program. However, it will not reinstall. I have the links to the zip files that Roxio customer service sent me but have not had any luck with these either.

Again, I am not a tech person by any means so it may be something simple that I am not doing correctly or in the right order. My computer person is busy and cannot get to me. I would appreciate any advice or recommendations before buying a whole new program.

4 answers to this question

You might wonder why you haven't had a reply until now. The reason is that you haven't told us enough for us to work out what is happening at your place.

I have Roxio 2012. After recent computer repair, it would not convert video. Not being a tech person, I thought just to uninstall/reinstall the program. However, it will not reinstall.

What was repaired in your 'recent computer repair' ??

How did you go about trying to reinstall? What did you do, and what error messages did you get? You need to give a lot of detail here if we are to help you.

I have the links to the zip files that Roxio customer service sent me but have not had any luck with these either.

What are the names of those zip files, and why were the links sent to you?

What were you meant to do with them, and did you do that? What was the result?

Again, I am not a tech person by any means so it may be something simple that I am not doing correctly or in the right order. My computer person is busy and cannot get to me. I would appreciate any advice or recommendations before buying a whole new program.

Again, you haven't told us what you're doing, or how you're doing it, or in what order you're doing things. Please fill in all these gaps, or else you'll have to wait until your computer person can get to you and then tell him all the details.

Regards,

Recent computer repair was just virus removal.

I click on cdrom drive to install- it starts and gets to a certain point and then a box pops up that says "Roxio must be installed first"

Customer service sent me linke to zip files for Critical Registry Keys needed. I have tried to open those first and when the "Install Roxio" box pops up. Not sure if I have 32 or 64 bit so have tried both.

The program then starts rolling back and unintalls what progess it has made.

To uninstall initially, I think I just clicked on program and then clicked "uninstall".

That is about all I can tell you.

Recent computer repair was just virus removal.

I click on cdrom drive to install- it starts and gets to a certain point and then a box pops up that says "Roxio must be installed first"

Customer service sent me linke to zip files for Critical Registry Keys needed. I have tried to open those first and when the "Install Roxio" box pops up. Not sure if I have 32 or 64 bit so have tried both.

The program then starts rolling back and unintalls what progess it has made.

To uninstall initially, I think I just clicked on program and then clicked "uninstall".

That is about all I can tell you.

I hate to get in the mix of responses, but it would appear that you are trying to install the Content without the main program being installed. At least, that is what the message you got, usually means.