• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Encoding Movies

D & G

Question

6 answers to this question

Is this the same problem you had with the earlier version of Creator 2010? Apparently you upgraded to 2012.

Did you clean the computer you had using the tools I provided? At that time you had a "The Machine is Intel core 2 Quad processor 2.4 Hz operating system is Vista" Is that what you still have? What antivirus are you running? Is there anything else running when you are doing encoding -- skype, e-mail, etc. Are you doing anything else with your computer while waiting -playing games? You didn't tell us if it were a laptop or desktop. If a laptop do you have any energy conservation settings active? Please, if you are serious provide this information on your computer (dxdiag.exe)

Did anything in the last thread help? Did you try them all?

Yes the machine is a PB Intel core 2 Quad processor 2.4 Hz 1066MHz FSB, Operating system is Vista 32 bit. The original video driver was upgraded from NVIDIA geForce 8500GT. Yes I have upgraded from EMC 10 but still got the same problem. Nothing else is running when encoding. I wonder if it was the upgrade of the driver suggested by Roxio? Problem is I dont use the program very offten just once a year or so, so I cant remember when it all started to slow down. I cant revert back to original driver as there has been a couple of upgrades since. Worst case is I use the recovery disc to get back. D

Actually the original poster did not answer many of the questions posted in out requests. I don't see a dxdiag link, That would tell us about the state of the computer, how much memory, the status of his hard drive and -- well you know.

If the poster has a slow computer. little memory, has not set the virtual memory to the max, has other programs running (in the background) , a badly fragmented hard drive with minimal free space, an antivirus trying to double and triple check everything being burned to a hard drive, then the results are not surprising. . In sum if a computer that is not running at the optimum, then a 10 to one ratio of encoding time to video time plus transitions, music, etc. is not excessive I remember that I used to get 10 :1 and 8:1 with an old computer. I was elated when I bought a new one when I got 5:1. Now with the faster computer, 1:1 is possible. It seems like the computer is getting slower that it was in the other post.

D&G Go here and run the free programs to delete programs you no longer use (Revo Uninstaller - Moderate Mode only), Clean up your computer (CCleaner but NOT the registry part of it), and do a hard drive defrag with optimization (your choice of programs). I gave you the same information in the other post; did you do it? You may also want to look at a free copy of the 'Soluto" program to see exactly what programs/processes run on boot. You can then remove them from starting at boot.

D&G since you only use the program a couple times a year AND you get good results, set it to encode overnight and you will have a brand new shiney video file on your computer when you wake up.

Edited by sknis

sknis. Yeh I hear what you are saying. The machine is getting on a bit but lots of space on it and nothing else running. I stress, Its the only thing that is slow. doing the same movie in windows movie maker takes about 30 mins. I use Norton to clean up regularly.

Jim_Hardin.

What is your Widows Experience Index? (Win-Pause)

What are the Properties of your Source file?

What are the Properties of your Output target?

I think the answer to your questions are..

​

Experience index...Dont know and dont know how to find it!

Source file is MPEG 2 if thats what you are asking.

Output target properties I havent a clue. were do I find that.

Dave.