• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How To Extract Audio Content From Video_Ts Or Other Video File

Alf2011

Question

I am an infrequent user of Toast and usually just use to copy discs and the like. I was wondering if there is a way to extract audio from parts of a Video_TS folder such as 5 minutes of music/soundtrack/audio. I suppose I could use another video file type by converting the movie to mpeg4 and the like if necessary. This is an unprotected Video_TS folder on my Mac and not the DVD itself, but I suppose I could burn a DVD if necessary.

I have Roxio Toast 11 Pro and noticed an app called Spin Doctor that contained no manual or help file that I could find. It looks like I can use that to record whatever audio is running on my MacPro5,1 using the "What you hear" option, but I don't know what kind of audio quality this would produce??? I tried to select the "Currently Running" option and DVD Player and remarkably that caused a hard crash in OS 10.8.5.

It seems like Toast app should have this option but the sparse manual didn't seem to give me a clear way to do this.

Thanks

3 answers to this question

No need for Spin Doctor: Toast can do this.

You could export all the audio first, then cut the wanted segment from there, or

first extract the wanted clip, then get the audio from it.

I prefer the latter because of the visual aid in getting the right segment.

Go to the Video tab, DVD-Video option. From the Media tab, Video sub tab, DVD option, select your DVD as source. If your VIDEO_TS folder is not on your Desktop or your Movies folder, then it won't show in the Media window. If it doesn't show, then drop your VIDEO_TS folder onto the main window. A pop-up window should show with available titles to choose from, along with markers to make a selection. Find your selection's in and out points. Click the “+” button to add the clip. Save as new disk image. A copy of the demuxed audio and video will also be in your ~/Documents/Roxio Converted Items/ folder in original format (e.g. m2v, ac3).