• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Game Capture Hd Pro - Flickering Then Stops Responding

AngelDouche66

Question

Hey guys, I've been messing around for hours with this terrible program which has only given me hassle from the word go, my computer is more than capable enough to handle this, but that doesn't stop the program riddling me with glitching video and the preview screen flickering.

The program used to work fine for a few minutes yesterday by giving me a clear picture, however after a while and during recording it would start glitching with a thick line of pixelation and random colours appearing regularly in my captured footage.

After reading through the forums and using solutions from setting my video card settings to default/specific settings, fixing with anti-virus turned off, reinstalling the software etc with updates, it didn't fix it.

After updating my Windows and graphics card to the latest I now have an issue with the screen constantly flickering, then if I change the quality e.g press + or - it simply stops responding and the program crashes for good until I manually terminate the process.

However now I am lucky if it even gets past the part where it loads my capture card...

I have tried different usb cables even though it worked sort of okay yesterday except the pixelation making the footage unusable, I am using a new cable which has gold plated now but no dice.

My computer is not over-heated, I've even tried this after leaving it turned off all night but no dice.

Here are my computer specs

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

CPU: Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4ghz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 1GB

RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600mhz

HDD used for recording: 500GB 7200RPM, 32mb Cache

If anyone can help me out with this that would be fantastic.

Thanks!

-Adam

13 answers to this question

Hello Jim, thanks for the response.

Unfortunately it still flickers no matter what the source device is, and eventually the recording starts getting riddled with Glitches as everyone else seems to be experiencing.

I think this is just an issue with the software not being up to scratch, you shouldn't have to jump through hoops to make something like this work.

I seem to have found a solution to the captured footage, I have changed the rate from 15000 to 10000, this seems to fix the issue of the footage eventually glitching/lagging and the quality is literally not noticeable at all.

I am currently opening the capture program and then switching my resolution to 1280x720 to stop the program crashing when I try to record, this seems to do the trick if anyone is looking for a possible solution, it's just a shame I can't solve the preview screen from flashing.

Obviously it should not Flash :huh:

Let's see if we can isolate the source...

Does it flash on your TV/Monitor is you use the pass through?

Does it flash if you use a DVD/BD Player?

Do you have the latest Software and Drivers from NVidia?

Is there any other PC or Lap you can test the RGC Device on?

Of course swapping wires and ports to see if it changes - Don't forget the one from the game box to the RGC
;)

And the glitching is back now...

It flashes no matter which monitor I use, it flashes if I use a DvD player or my Laptop as the source, I have the latest updates from Nvidia.

I will have a test to see what it does on my laptop, maybe I'll have better luck on that!

I will be sure to come back and let you know what happens, but here are the specs for my laptop.

Intel i3 - 3.2ghz processor

4gb DDR3 Ram

ATI Radeon HD5250 1gb Graphics

320GB Hard drive - 7200 RPM

Yes there is but you have to follow every step ;)

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Download and install the
Uninstaller. Then run it in
Moderate Mode
to remove any traces of Roxio.

Create a New User Account with Administrator Privileges.

Turn OFF any A/V & Firewall.

Reboot and log on to that new account.

Copy your entire disc to a new folder on your HDD.

In that new folder, right click on Setup.exe and select Properties.

Under the Compatibility tab, make sure
nothing
is checked!

Right click Setup.exe and select Open.

Allow it to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio not Windows)

Use the Default Locations!

It is really looking like you need to exchange the RGC Device... Where did you get it?

Edited by Jim_Hardin

I have copied the files from the disc to my PC, when I run the set up it says

"it may be necessary to change the setup application's compatability setting to successfully install this software.

We recommend that you select Yes to disable the installer's compatability settings"

I pressed no and it installed, after resetting I notice that the "Roxio Game Capture HD PRO" icon/application was missing so did a repair, again with no compatability settings, it appeared.

However now no matter how many times I run repair and reboot I still get "Critical registry keys needed for this application are missing."

This seems to be a result of me not enabling compatability when prompted from the beginning.

Any ideas what I should do?

Thanks!

Hello Jim, I decided to try everything last night, after realising that since Roxio started flickering after I reinstalled it, when I am in a video call with a user on skype it seems this video is cut up and randomly arranged also.

I also figured out what was causing the glitching which is more than likely due to the capabilities/write speed of the hard drive as when I clean installed it however I haven't done a test of this yet, but the software put my video quality at "7000" after the clean install, which I had to put yes when it asked me

""it may be necessary to change the setup application's compatability setting to successfully install this software." as it was either that or it didn't appear to be installing the certificates/registry inputs to the correct locations on Windows 7 64bit (Roxio may need to address this issue.)

I went to my Device Manager and right clicked Roxio Game Capture HD PRO, went to properties and went to driver, I then went to update driver and made sure to select "Browse my computer for driver software" and then chose "let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" make sure "Roxio GameCAP HD PRO" is selected and press Next, it will then reinstall the driver for the game capture device.

I then, as my webcam was also acting up I went to that device in device manager, did the same for the Roxio GameCAP HD PRO and selected "USB Video device" just to make sure.

And now the flickering has gone, the reinstallation must have rattled with some of my video drivers or caused devices to use the wrong ones.

Hopefully this helps anyone.

Thank you very much for your help Jim! You helped even though it wasn't even your place to do so!