Playstation Setup

PC Gameboy

Question

I need HELP !!!

First off, the setup guide Here is a COMPLETE JOKE as the setup part isn't simplified & split in half (One for PS3 the other for Xbox) like the menu settings are. This only adds to the confusion I have

MEMO TO COREL - THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED !!!

Back to my confusion - If BOTH the component cable AND the HDMI cable are plugged into the Roxio, WHAT GOES TO THE TV ???

Is it even possible to output the video TO MY TV via HDMI or am I forced to TIE UP MY PC MONITOR for this ?? The aforementioned instructions don't even cover this

I'm SO CONFUSED I can't even begin to describe how I'm hooking things up beyond this

NOTE - For anything lengthy, I need A MINIMUM of 12 ft. (Ideally for safety purposes, I'm looking at 20-25 ft). I've already got a 12 ft. HDMI cable & a 12 ft. component cable NOT manufactured by Sony (Best Buy has them onine if I need one)

As I said before - HELP !!!

DESPERATELY Yours,

Edited by PC Gameboy

6 answers to this question

See if the following works for you. Scroll down to see the proper hookups.

It seems that you have had a multitude of problems with your virus software, computer, and Roxio software, since last July.

http://www.roxio.com...k=b_gamecapture

Scroll down a bit & you'll see the aforementioned link to the PDF

With that, I have a HUGE update.....

I took a chance on connecting the universal cable to the Roxio (It was already connected to the A/V port of the Playstation). I then connected the 12 ft. HDMI cable that I bought from Walmart yesterday (Which will be exchanged tomorrow for a 20 ft cable so I can put the Roxio back up on the desk & plug the HDMI cable that's plugged into the computer into it). The 20 ft. cable will connected the same way the 12 ft HDMI cable is connected now & will be plenty to not only stretch all the way from the desk where the Roxio is all the way to the TV but will also be easily kept out of the way in the process

The end result has been a good picture (At times, it kinda looks like old late 1960s TV) but with a buzz in the background of the audio. I suspect this is because there's no HDMI cable going from the Roxio to the PC plugged in right now (Something which will be fixed tomorrow)

As I speak, I'm playing the only game I have - MLB 13 The Show (I'm managing an overhauled Colorado Rockies squad :) )

Cheers :)

??? "...because there is no HDMI cable going from the Roxio to the PC..."???

The PC is what makes the RGC Device work.

It cannot be used without a PC that has the RGC Software installed.

BUT there is only ONE connection between the PC and the RGC Device, and that is the USB Cable!

Let us know your progress ;)

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Well as I (Indirectly) mentioned in the newer thread, I managed to sharpen the picture & get rid of the right channel buzz so everything looks & sound normal HOWEVER I lack a second component cable (I've got a slew of A/V cables but they're all composite cables instead of component cables) and/or a USB cable longer than 10 ft. (I'm saving that for my webcam :) )

In my environment, I have TWO choices.....

* Move the Playstation 3 & Roxio underneath the TV & stretch a 20 ft. USB cable from the Roxio back to the PC

* Keep the Playstation 3 & Roxio where they are & stretch a 20 ft. component cable from the Roxio to the back of the TV

The reason I say 20 ft. is so I not only have plenty of cord to work with but also to keep it safely out f the way as much as possible so it doesn't become a trip hazard like the 12 ft. HDMI cable I'm now using is

But hey.....At least I can play games now :)

Happy Gaming :)

Edited by PC Gameboy

Hi,I am also struggling with a PS3 set up.I'm now on my 3rd TV, after having been through the forums and you tube trying to get this working..... I've managed to scale it down to 720p... as recommended on You Tube, but not in the advice in the manual, but now can only get the attached showing up on the Roxio software. Yes, Ive bought the component cable, yes Ive tried different HDMI ports and cables, Yes I've updated the video driver, yes Ive disabled the AV, yes, I have 16GB Ram, Yes, Ive updated the software to service pack 1, yes, I've tried different USB ports and yes, I'm losing the will to not smash my Roxio Card into the wall..... is there any sensible explanation for this - because it now looks like a hardware fault, and before I embark upon a crusade to get it swapped, can anyone cast any light on my problem....... is it 64 bit? By the way, as the screen capture attached was taken I am actually looking at my PS3 happily playing GTA.....

post-115855-0-87721500-1383696128_thumb.jpg

You need to run a Repair but do it this way:

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Download and install the
Uninstaller. Then run it in
Moderate Mode
to remove any traces of Roxio.

Then turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When the Install competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.