Question

I have a new HP laptop, ENVY Intel I7 processor, 16GB memory, and it runs like a top. My Roxio NXT Pro 2 encodes standard definition iso images just fine from AVCHD HD video files. When I go to burn a blue ray image, it "Opens Project" then goes to "Encode Movies" and sits at 0%. This error is repeatable from different video compositions. After I do a standard def encoding, then change the project type to Blue Ray, it gives me the error. Any idea what could be causing it? The standard def encoding on my laptop takes only 20 minutes to complete. Blue ray tanks every time. I have had no luck with Blue Rays. I can't even burn direct to a disk. I am running Roxio Creator NXT Pro 2 (Build 150B05D)

3 answers to this question

I have a new HP laptop, ENVY Intel I7 processor, 16GB memory, and it runs like a top. My Roxio NXT Pro 2 encodes standard definition iso images just fine from AVCHD HD video files. When I go to burn a blue ray image, it "Opens Project" then goes to "Encode Movies" and sits at 0%. This error is repeatable from different video compositions. After I do a standard def encoding, then change the project type to Blue Ray, it gives me the error. Any idea what could be causing it? The standard def encoding on my laptop takes only 20 minutes to complete. Blue ray tanks every time. I have had no luck with Blue Rays. I can't even burn direct to a disk. I am running Roxio Creator NXT Pro 2 (Build 150B05D)

And the error message is??

That's the problem. There is no error. It just sits at "encode movies, 0%" and does nothing else. WHen I do a standard DVD, I can see the frames whizzing by as the progress bar shows it encoding. In the case of a blue ray, I get nothing.

Take one of your Source files into VideoWave first and use the Export As feature to create a New file... (keep the Quality the same)

Now use that file in MyDVD and burn to Folder or File.

This will test to see if somehow your original source is the issue ;)