• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Setup Issue On Xbox 360 And Windows 7

adlb1300

Question

My daughter got the Roxio Game Capture for her birthday. I believe the t TV we have is not HD but has the HD component hook ups. It was a gift and I no longer have the instruction book. I have the Xbox hooked up to the Roxio using the 5 component jacks which leaves the yellow rca jack unconnected. I then used the 5 jack component cord that came with it to connect to the TV. At this point I have the XBox HD connector set to TV. When I hook the computer up I see the Xbox screen but it does not change and is greyed out. The software also says no signal. When I switch the Xbox HD connector from TV to HD the TV screen scrambles but the software on the computer starts to work so that you see the screen changing as you navigate through the Xbox menus. My question is there a way to get this to work on my current setup or do you need an HD TV. Also seems odd that there would be the 5 jack hook up with there is no HD or is that not HD specific? I'm not very TV literate so that might be part of the issue.

Thanks

6 answers to this question

Go here for how to hook up your old SD tv http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiMdluJIXNo

I can try this option but the thing I do not understand is that the back of the tv has the 5 component connectors which match the 5 outputs on the Roxio and everything works in terms of the xbox displaying on the TV just not the actual capturing. The only issue comes when you turn the Xbox cord to HD from tv which I guess is due to the tv only being a SDTV and the fact that it seems the HD display is needed for the capture to work on the computer.

The manual I looked at said the TV would only display 480i,a Standard definition.That means that those "component" jacks are really only Standard def.

If you try and use the Component cable from the XBox then it's not going to work.

Your XBox is going to try and Auto set the resolution to probably at least 720 using the Component connection.

You can try going into the resolution settings on the XBox and manually setting the resolution to 480 but I don't know if it will stay once you actually plug the component parts in.

I would also think you need to have the adapter on TV.

The easiest is going to be following the directions ogdens provided.