Sign in to follow this  
wacado

Blu Ray Project From Fcpx To Compressor 4 To Toast 11

Question

I'm glad to be here because Roxio/Corel doesn't seem very helpful. I've created a project in fcpx consisting of 13 clips (intro, 11 songs, credits). I've sent it to compressor then brought it into toast ll with the blu ray plug in. I've done this a few different ways (tried whole project with chapter markers and tried individual clips with titles) following a lot of people's suggestions and tutorial instruction but I cannot hear the audio in toast playback to help me place chapter markers and the chapter markers/titles I thought I could import are not correctly placed. (The audio is fine on the blu ray disc I made.)

Can anyone give me a workflow for this? My media out of compressor is h.264 and ac3. I can produce a great blu ray right out of fcpx but I want a better menu. I thought I could get there with toast.

Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

I've given some thought to this. My guess is the reason the audio isn't playing in Toast is that it is ac-3 and not yet multiplexed. So if you do choose Save as Disc Image that will multiplex it. Do this before making any of your chapter marks. Mount the disc image. If this is a standard-def video DVD go to the Toast Media Browser, select the video tab and select DVD. Here you can find the video to add into the Toast Video window to start a new DVD project. Hopefully you'll be able to hear the audio to help you set the chapter marks. Since Toast won't re-encode the video this double process won't affect quality at all.

If this is a Blu-ray video then control-click on the BDMV file of the mounted disc image and choose Show Package Contents. Inside you'll find the .m2ts file. Add this to the Toast Video window to start a new project. Then proceed with making your chapter marks.

Let me know if this helps.

Absolutely it helped. It has taken me a few days to get back to this but as soon as I did what you suggested I was able to hear the audio and accurately place the chapter markers. Thank you.

I would like to change the names of the chapters to the song name each chapter represents. Can't seem to do this. Is it possible? If I have to I will bring each song in individually and entitle it as a way of naming it. Would that work?

I appreciate your answers as I see a lot of them in this forum. I wish everything was not such a mystery. Even the things that are usually intuitive don't work right.

Thanks again.

There is no option to name the chapters. The only workaround to that is to make each chapter a separate title and turn on continuous play. When doing that with a video DVD there was a slight freeze/pause as the player moved from one title to the next. I don't know if that would happen with a Blu-ray video.

You can use Toast's editor to make multiple titles from the one video file. Just add the same video to the Toast window multiple times and with each one mark the part you do NOT want to be included.