• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

stefanogalla

Smartsound In Nxt 2 Pro Now Is Scorefitter?

Question

I've upgraded to Creator NXT 2 Pro and when I use VideoWave to insert music I can no longer find SmartSound but ScoreFitter. Is this right? Or is an "installation" problem? ScoreFitter does not create nusic based on the Video lenght... terrible. SmartDound was great...

6 answers to this question

I've upgraded to Creator NXT 2 Pro and when I use VideoWave to insert music I can no longer find SmartSound but ScoreFitter. Is this right? Or is an "installation" problem? ScoreFitter does not create nusic based on the Video lenght... terrible. SmartDound was great...

Your sure you have Pro?

post-97-0-04795300-1381317951_thumb.jpg

Edited by cdanteek

I think Pro has both; the SmartSound installation and then you get the Scorefitter tracks which are accessable through VideoWave.

Sure I have PRO! The problem is this: in Creato NXT when I use Videowave I can find SmartSound in the "add music" window. In NXT 2 in the same window I find only ScoreFitter and no more SmartSound. If I want to use SmarSound I have to open SonicFire program and work from there.

As far as I can establish there is no plugin for Smartsound available for NXT 2 pro. Only Scorefitter is integrated into Videowave in NXT 2 Pro.

It would seem the workflow would be to create and finish your video in Videowave, export it to a video file then add this video file to SonicFire and then add the music backing you need.

I would personally prefer (and I expected) to be able to work just within Videowave.

I had a look at NXT3 Pro on the American web site and there is no mention of Sonicfire Pro so maybe this is being dropped.

Scorefitter is MIDI-based using a wavetable synthesiser so the sound quality is rather limted in comparison with Smartsound. Also, the range of music available is rather limited. However, it's much easier to use than SonicFire in my opinion.

Spogg, I use the Scorefitter exactly the same as I did with SmartSound. I'm not sure why you can't.

Hi sknis. Just to clarify: I can indeed use Scorefitter inside NXT Pro 2 Videowave. Smartsound's SonicFire is much better though in terms of editing and sound quality but it doesn't integrate inside Videowave.

Cheers!