• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Missing White Cable !

PC Gameboy

Question

This is going to sound REALLY strange but the reason why the Roxio software isn't working with my Playstation & the Roxio itself is because I'm MISSING the WHITE component cable that goes FROM the TV to the Roxio. Your tutorial MAKES YOUR MENTION of that cable NOR is it included (IT SHOULD BE !!). If this cable is normally shipped with the Roxio, then mine didn't come with one :(

Now I'm stuck. Here's my setup as it is now.....

PLAYSTATION 3 - PS3 320 GB Slim with PS3 Component Cable (Onn HD A/V Combo Cable)

ROXIO HD CAPTURE PRO - Aforentioned A/V cable plugged into BOTH sides of Roxio. HDMI cable also plugged in

ALL Display Settings are according to Tutorial

This is THE ONLY way my setup will run correctly at this point

My question now becomes WHERE can I get this white component cable? Does it need to be an official one from Corel or would a 3rd Party cable suffice I need about 20-25 ft. in order to keep it out of the way (The HDMI cable I'm using now is only 12 ft. & it's a trip hazard)

My only other alternative would be to get a double-ended component cable used for other things

I SHOULD ALSO POINT OUT THAT I ONLY DISCOVERED THIS AFTER WATCHING USER GENERATED TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR THE HAUPPAUGE PVR & SEEING A CONNECTED WHITE CABLE IN A ROXIO USED FOR THE OFFICIAL PLAYSTATION TUTORIAL BUT NEVER MENTIONED IN IT !!!

HELP !!

Happy Gaming :)

Edited by PC Gameboy

5 answers to this question

This is going to sound REALLY strange but the reason why the Roxio software isn't working with my Playstation & the Roxio itself is because I'm MISSING the WHITE component cable that goes FROM the TV to the Roxio. Your tutorial MAKES YOUR MENTION of that cable NOR is it included (IT SHOULD BE !!). If this cable is normally shipped with the Roxio, then mine didn't come with one :(

Now I'm stuck. Here's my setup as it is now.....

PLAYSTATION 3 - PS3 320 GB Slim with PS3 Component Cable (Onn HD A/V Combo Cable)

ROXIO HD CAPTURE PRO - Aforentioned A/V cable plugged into BOTH sides of Roxio. HDMI cable also plugged in

ALL Display Settings are according to Tutorial

This is THE ONLY way my setup will run correctly at this point

My question now becomes WHERE can I get this white component cable? Does it need to be an official one from Corel or would a 3rd Party cable suffice I need about 20-25 ft. in order to keep it out of the way (The HDMI cable I'm using now is only 12 ft. & it's a trip hazard)

My only other alternative would be to get a double-ended component cable used for other things

I SHOULD ALSO POINT OUT THAT I ONLY DISCOVERED THIS AFTER WATCHING USER GENERATED TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR THE HAUPPAUGE PVR & SEEING A CONNECTED WHITE CABLE IN A ROXIO USED FOR THE OFFICIAL PLAYSTATION TUTORIAL BUT NEVER MENTIONED IN IT !!!

HELP !!

What "white component" cable are you talking about? There is no such thing as a "white component" cable. All component cables are always "marked" Red, Green and Blue.

What tutorial are you talking about? Provide some links please.

BTW, this is not "our" tutorial whichever one you are talking about. This is not Roxio support.

OK on the cable. I can probably get one at Walmart (When I have no idea due to a lack of $$$ right now)

As for the Roxio Tutorial, look for the PS3 setup YouTube video embedded within the Roxio software (Can't seem to switch to the YouTube website from there for some strange reason DESPITE clicking on the YouTube logo :(). The Hauppauge ones I found on YouTube

Hope this helps.....

Edited by PC Gameboy

Let's just make sure we are on the same page with the Tutoral...

If These are the white Component cables on the Input side you are referring to, they are just some brand of component cable...

post-39730-0-60049700-1381496291_thumb.jpg

The other part what shows Output Hookup at the top is an 'Either Or' picture to cover both! It in no way implies that both are needed ;)

post-39730-0-36308500-1381496294_thumb.jpg

For PS3 you MUST use Component from the PS3 to the RGC input in order to record!

For output from RGC to your TV use whatever works best for you - HDMI or Component.

UPDATE.....

Well I got a component cable today from Walmart however due to a lighting issue within my environment (It's dark now & lighting around the TV isn't the greatest), I currently can't which connector is hooked up to what socket in the back of my TV. All I know is I appear to have it hooked up right on the Roxio itself but due to the uncertanty of how things are hooked up in the back of the TV, I still can't "Wean" the Roxiooff the proverbial bottle (AKA HDMI cable) just yet (I fear it may also be that my TV may require an HDMI connection of some kind (Either directly from the PS3 itself or indirectly via the Roxio) in order to work properly AT ALL too)

I did try plugging the non-console specific component cable in to the RGC output side too (It's on the RGC input side now) & the PS3 cable into the input side as well. The result of that was A MITIGATED DISASTER of NO audio or video

So to summarize, here's the way things are connected now.....

* NON-CONSOLE specific Component Cable I just bought today is plugged in from the RGC input to the back of the TV (Again, I have no idea why this isn't working according to instruction & won't be able to troubleshoot this until tomorrow)

* CONSOLE specific Component Cable is plugged in from the PS3 to the output sie of the RGC

* HDMI cable is plugged in from the output side of the RGC to the back of the TV

This is THE ONLY way it'll work right now !!!

Happy Gaming....

UPDATE Got the Roxio off the HDMI cable & onto Component but now for some strange reason NEITHER my Desktop NOR my Laptop will even detect the Roxio (I had to take the Roxio off my Desktop because it was disabling my external HD & I need that. It has since come back to life :) ). As for the laptop, the only other devices that are plugged in via USB are a mouse & keyboard (Seperate wired devices) & those are plugged into a USB Hub (I only have two ports in the laptop)

Edited by PC Gameboy