• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

kip003

Question

I have been using my NXT which I purchased only in July and am unable to reinstall as I have reloaded it several times on my computer. Once I bent the rules and loaded it and uninstalled briefly on another of my own computers as the computer I had it loaded on was not available. I often reload my OS as I am a computer technician and have been having troubles with Windows 8.1. While reinstalling back to Windows 7 on my computer I use NXT on the Windows updates caused a roll back and I am unable to reuse my key. I have purchased NXT 2 at this point, but am disappointed about the lack of options to contact technical support directly after 14 days from purchase.

10 answers to this question

NXT IS NOT certified to run on Win 8.1 at this time...

If you are a computer technician, you are aware of the benefit of supplying the exact text of an error message???

(you might also benefit from making HDD Images and restoring from them)

I think I can see two separate and distinct issues here...

One is the roll back but the setup logs are needed to find one of the many, many reasons that has occurred ~ info

Second in you reached your Install Count (10) and it won't install?

Please confirm as it is always hard to read between the lines -_-

Thank you for your time Jim. Yes, I agree imaging would be a good way to move forward. Yes, I reached the 10 install limit, most of which were failed and rolled back. This is since July. My particular laptop seems to have issues with 8.1 so I went back to 7 as I do use it for production. In this time I also went from a 500GB standard drive to a 120GB SSD. It seems like 10 is plenty in most cases but I was rather frustrated that I hit this limit, and to find out there is not a clear path for me to state my case outside of this forum hoping someone from Roxio sees it and feels it's the best thing to do is reset my count. I just purchased it in July and have not ben pirating the software. I did however purchase a new NXT 2 license and now that my updates are completed I plan to install and then image my PC. I also have a copy of True Image so this should not be an issue. The images I had from before were for a 500GB drive and would not fit onto my SSD.

Yeah, pretty hard to pack 500 GB into a 120 GB :lol:

The logs show the incompatible suite in conjunction with the ambiguous 1603 error... That is like saying, 'yeah it really didn't work'

I have an install process you will love for that one!

But first I will pass along your request to get your Install Count reset! Keep an eye out here for a message (upper right):

post-39730-0-26132000-1381526063_thumb.jpg

AFTER you get that Reset, print this out and give it a try:

Download and install the
Uninstaller. Then run it in
Moderate Mode
to remove any traces of Roxio.

(if you haven't attempted to install, this may not be needed)

Create a New User Account with Administrator Privileges.

Turn OFF any A/V & Firewall.

Reboot and log on to that new account.

Copy your entire disc to a new folder on your HDD.

In that new folder, right click on Setup.exe and select Properties.

Under the Compatibility tab, make sure
nothing
is checked!

Right click Setup.exe and select Open.

Allow it to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio not Windows)

Use the Default Locations!

This almost always works, if you don't decide to skip something along the way
:lol:
  • Like 1

Guest Rox-Ralf

Thank you for your assistance. I am a happy customer, as I said I did purchase NXT 2, much faster, I'm a bit surprised some of the additional software (WinDVD) has been stripped out, but probably is there in another form.

Please check your inbox.

I for one will not miss the Win-DVD :huh:

At least in the limited version that was bundled with NXT...

NXT 2 Pro has 'New' [?] Win-DVD. NXT 2 has lost it.

In this comparison chart, Pro is the left column, ordinary NXT 2 is the right hand column.

post-208-0-23405900-1381797818_thumb.jpg