• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
ChuckSt

Error Message

When trying to burn either CD's or DVD's, when I click to start the process I get an error message stating "The PLDS (D:) drive is in use by username. Please wait until that project is completed, and try again." I have removed and reloaded Roxio. I have removed and reinstalled the burner. I have done a system restore to when I could burn. I have deleted any Roxio .tmp files I can find. Still getting the error message. HELP!!!!

It is probably a Windows issue. Did you recently try to burn files to a disc using Windows?

I have done a system restore to when I could burn. I have deleted any Roxio .tmp files I can find. Still getting the error message. HELP!!!!

Please have a look at post #9 in this topic: http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/49508-drive-in-use-by-another-user-or-project-error/

There that error was caused by a locked file which wouldn't be removed by a system restore or a simple uninstall of the Roxio suite. Manually removing that file cleared the error, and replacing it caused the error again. Note that 'MightyReds' mentioned you have to enable Windows display of hidden and system files to be able to see the file causing the problem.

Regards,

Brendon

Brendon- thank you very much for the link. It worked perfectly. Since the next recommended step from Dell support was to re-install the operating system your help was greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!