• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

xJeffx

Using Old Hardware With Nxt 2 - Split From Another Topic

Question

Ok. I have a question about transferring VHS to DVD. I have Creator NXT Pro 2 on a Windows 7 computer. I also have the old USB capture hardware. I hooked up a VCR and captured a VHS tape. It seems to work ok, but when I played back the section I captured to test it the play back speed was a little too fast. Does anyone know what is causing that. I have a fast Core-i7 processor. Could that be doing it? Would the video play back at the right speed if I burn it to a DVD? I'm trying to preserve some old family VHS tapes and any help I can get with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

8 answers to this question

Everything should be 1:1???

IF there were some dropped frames, it could appear to run a little fast. Capture is very demanding on all PC's so it is best that Capture be the ONLY thing running!

A defragged HDD is important as well but not if you have an SSD drive.

Try another test or 2 and see how it goes.

Worse case, it can be slowed in VideoWave but if frames are dropped you will miss them ;)

Everything should be 1:1??? I don't know what you mean by this. I have a 2 terabyte HD. I can try closing all other programs that are running and see what happens. The thing is it looks like the capture speed is correct in the preview window, but when I play it back it runs faster. I wish the program came with a manual that tells how to use each function.

Well I tried a test in each of the capture modes and I got the same result. The video played at the right speed in the preview window, but was running too fast when played back. I couldn't figure out how to slow the video in Videowave. How do you do that?

Edited by xJeffx

We haven't heard of this issue since the Win98 days :lol:

I think slowing down the video is going to show more problems, but this is it...

In VideoWave, right click your Clip and select Trim.

Change the Speed.

(This is from Roxio Game CAP - but similar enough to get the idea)

post-39730-0-48541800-1381663474_thumb.jpg

Let us know.

I gave that a try. I can get the video slowed down so it looks like it is at the right speed, but the audio is too slow. The tape was recorded in 2004 with a camcorder set on EP. Would that cause this problem?

Edited by xJeffx

Lower setting for recording make quality issues but not speed issues...

Here is another thing to try :D

You can load the captured clip and Extract the audio to a separate file...

Click on 'Show/Hide Tracks' and make sure you have Native Audio showing. Now click the blue ball to mute the audio.

Make your speed adjustment and then add the saved audio back on the music or narration track...

This will get a little tricky to get the video speed right so that it syncs up with your audio but it should be fun :D

I have a Plan B in mind but my Pizza is getting cold!

I think it would be impossible to get the lip sync right. I shouldn't have to go through all of that if the program works properly. I tested a commercial VSH tape and it does the same thing. It looks right it preview, but play back is too fast. Apparently it is a problem with the creator software. I burned my family tape onto a DVD and the speed was still too fast. At this point I am very disappointed. You would think the program would capture the source exactly as it is being played, but that is not happening. The video speed is right in preview, but the audio doesn't play right in preview. I don't use preview audio when I am try to capture. I just tested it. Are you able to capture a VSH tape properly? Has anyone else done it and had it work?