• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast Crashes Everytime

ChsB71

Question

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me with this. It's been very frustrating trying to burn discs lately. My main interest is to take content I've saved on my DVR, transferring it to my computer thourgh HDPVR Capture which creates .m2ts files, and then burning to DVD or BD later. I've been doing this for over a year and I've never had a problem. As of late, everytime I press record, Toast goes through half of the "Multiplexing" stage and then crashes. I have no idea whats going on. Please help. I'm running the first gen Intel on OSX 10.7.5.

4 answers to this question

I had something similar. The first time I am using Toast 11... I had files loaded from my camcorder's SD card to make a DVD video and it all went well except that at the very end (5 hours later!!!) when it was almost done with the conversion of the files to an image file, it crashed with an error that said it could not complete the last step because of an Mac OS error...

I'm thinking I might have to reinstall Toast....

Anyone have any ideas?

I don't know if I can be any help. When I start with a HD MPEG 2 video (such as the .m2ts you have) Toast goes through multiplexing twice and then begins writing the disc. You say it is crashing halfway through multiplexing which I'm presuming means halfway through the first time. I suggest opening the .m2ts in MPEG Streamclip and choosing the Fix Timecode breaks command. If Streamclip finds any breaks then save that video and use the saved one in Toast.