• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
ideafarmgal

Mac Osx 10.7.5

Question

Can anyone tell me if this will work on my 10.7.5 Mac? It was working fine before the most recent software update. Then I would get error message to "Please connect your Easy VHS to DVD Capture hardware to any USB 2.0 port." Well it's connected and shows up in the System Profiler as connected but the app won't open past this error window?

9 answers to this question

Yes it should work. I always launch the application before inserting the USB device. Also, it doesn't work in "any" USB 2 port. It has to be one that is built in rather than a through a USB hub. Maybe it will work with a powered USB hub.

did not work. This was working perfectly until the most recent OS update. After trying everything I could think of I finally ordered new connectors. The connectors show up in the system profiler but I still get that same error. I just tried restarting the computer (after having removed the connections from the USB on the back of my Mac) opening the app & it said to connect them so I did & nothing happened. Still same "please connect your easy....". Any other thoughts?

Do you have DiskWarrior? If so, I think running it may fix the problem. If not, run the repair in Disk Utility or maybe run the OS update installer again.

It's working with my Mac running OS 10.8.5.

Are you using Roxio Video Capture 2.0.1 or Easy VHS to DVD Capture 1.0.5? I'm using the first.

Edited by tsantee

Easy VHS to DVD for Mac version 1.0.5. Like I said, I'm plugging device into the back of my iMac. It shows it is connected in the system profiler. But when I open the app it will only give me the message I've written before. I've restarted everything, I've hooked it up various ways. All to no avail... that's why I thought the USB connector had died and got a new one

Easy VHS to DVD for Mac version 1.0.5. Like I said, I'm plugging device into the back of my iMac. It shows it is connected in the system profiler. But when I open the app it will only give me the message I've written before. I've restarted everything, I've hooked it up various ways. All to no avail... that's why I thought the USB connector had died and got a new one

I haven't checked if that version works. See the private message I sent you about the newer version.

the Video Capture gave me the same error message too? What the heck am I doing wrong? I've started the program both with & without the USB plugged in...this one is stumping me totally!

I'm sorry that didn't work. That leaves two possibilities that I can think of. One is that there is something in your Mac's system that doesn't play well with USB video capture, which brings me back to DiskWarrior. The other is there is a hardware failure with the USB device itself. I presume you've tried different USB ports on the Mac and that you have completely shut down the Mac and waited a short while before restarting. The only way to check if it is the USB device is to try it on a different Mac to see if the same error appears. It's unlikely that it is a software issue because you've tried with both applications.