• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cannot Import Sony Ex3 Footage. Dvd Burns With Only Sound.

jbvideo

Question

Sorry if this has been asked. I searched and could not find answer.

Have no issue importing MP4 from my Sony PMW 200 XDCAM. When importing the file, I can see the footage in the various windows. All Good. Burns to DVD fine

When I do the same with my Sony EX3, the windows do not show any video at all, I cannot reset the picture. When burning, it only burns the audio, no video.

I can mix a clip of either, the PMW 200 will be seen, the EX3 will not, and will burn like that.

Both are MPEG-4 files 1920 x 1080, ingested from S x S Cards, which have been copied to folder then added to Toast 11

Any suggestions, thanks

3 answers to this question

Strange. That suggests a codec is missing on the Mac for something specific to the EX3. You might try installing the perian codec from perian.org. If QuickTime Player can play the video then it should work in Toast. Have you found any info elsewhere about importing video from the EX3 to a Mac?

Hi

I cannot play any of the mp4 files in Quicktime. I just use VLC if I need to view the file.

i can import any XDCAM file into Premier, and final Cut X (if i copy the whole BPAV file to Hard drive)

I also have another SONY XDCAM , PMW 320. and it will work fine in Toast 11 Pro.

When I add the file to the project window, the video preview window is black. If I click edit, it opens up the video edit window. I can see the footage there. If I move the marker and try to set the picture, it just stays black. It will burn as black video but will have sound

I do believe this is a missing codec issue. Toast uses the QuickTime codecs for reading all but MPEG 2 videos. The codecs installed by FCP and Premier also go into the QuickTime library so they should work with QuickTime Player and Toast. I'm sorry I don't have a solution but I'm pretty sure what you need is another codec. You might find some info at the AVSforum.com or keystone.net if there isn't anything in the Sony forums about issues playing the videos on Macs.