• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Skipperdog

Why Does It Take So Long To Burn This Time

Question

I am trying to burn my photo show onto DVD & it takes all night & still not done. I am using photoshow 6 and just did it back in August 2013. It says 92% done & 1 minute left. Well, I waited for 2 hours after burning it all night.

4 answers to this question

I am trying to burn my photo show onto DVD & it takes all night & still not done. I am using photoshow 6 and just did it back in August 2013. It says 92% done & 1 minute left. Well, I waited for 2 hours after burning it all night.

Are you burning to a new good quality unformatted DVD? Good quality does not include Memorex or store brands. It could be your project has something in it that the program doesn't like. I doubt it; but to test, try outputting it to a mpg2. If it completes than the project is OK. Tell us about your slide show - how many images, video files (format and size), music (all mp3, I hope). Come back after you try to burn to a file.

I was making DVD with only 50 photos and music. It took 3 hours for pictures to load and then music loaded OK but got error msg that DVD not successful. I have photoshow 6 and complete Roxio Creator program. I deleted both and reinstalled and same issue. I haven't been able to upload photoshows to my member online page for a long time. Get error msg. 403. Is there a newer version available? Mine is paid until August 2014. Thanks.

I was making DVD with only 50 photos and music. It took 3 hours for pictures to load and then music loaded OK but got error msg that DVD not successful. I have photoshow 6 and complete Roxio Creator program. I deleted both and reinstalled and same issue. I haven't been able to upload photoshows to my member online page for a long time. Get error msg. 403. Is there a newer version available? Mine is paid until August 2014. Thanks.

WJ,

Based on your previous posts, it appears that you have a problem with getting to the site. In most cases it is a browser setting that prevents access to the site. It thinks that the site is a "dangerous one" so it is blocked.

Can you get to the site using either the desktop version that you downloaded or the site URL (This link and then select to sign in) ? Did you try a different Browser for example Chrome.

Please explain the statement about 3 hours . When you say load, I think of you uploading to the site but you can't get there.

There is no newer version. BTW, I have Creator 2012 and PhotoShow on my computer and they don't interfere with each other.

What is the size of your photos? in mb? You might try to use PhotoSuite to reduce the size to 720 by 480 because that is what you are going to end up with.

Do you have cookies blocked? Do you have a setting to prevent all sites from getting data?

In IE, go to Internet Options, select security, and then click on trusted sites. Make sure that is medium or lower.

Edited by sknis