cyclonemarv

Windows 7, Creator Nxt 2, Videowave Stops Responding

Question

11 answers to this question

Help whenever I try to create a dvd the app locks with no response from videowave.

We'll need a lot more information. But try this first. In Video Wave, output your project to a video file - select "mpg2 best quality for DVD". Remember the name and location. For now, use desktop. Once that is encoded, close Video Wave and open "Create DVD" Set up the project settings. Add that video to the menu (or no menu) and burn it to an ISO file. Uncheck the burn to disc. Name and select where you want the ISO file. If the program crashes anytime in the encoding or creating the ISo file, then there is a good chance that the project has some issue. In Video Wave, it will crash at approximately the time of the problem in the project so you can track it down.

If you get the ISO, you can preview it on the computer with the free VLC player.. You can check for missing images, music, etc.

If everything looks OK, then use Video Copy and Convert to copy the ISO image to a disc.

Do you do regular maintenance on your computer - get rid of junk files, get rid of programs you no longer use and defrag? Please do this and post the results. (dxdiag.exe.) It will tell us about your computer without giving us any personal information except for what you call your computer. .

If that works, great. If it doesn't please provide more information including what you mean by "locks". In any case, come back and let us know any progress.

Guess he wasn't that interested or I gave him too much homework !

Just wanted to say that the advice on 16 October wasn't entirely wasted as I've just used it to make progress with a DVD project.

I've successfully created 5 MPEG files (lots of photos in each) and put them together into a DVD project with menu, menu background and audio.

I'm probably doing something wrong but when I use Video Copy and Convert to get it onto a disc, it invites me to select the 5 separate files but then I can't see any sign of my menu. I tried Preview but this just seems to be showing photos randomly from the 5 files.

Advice much appreciated!

Barbara

Did you make an ISO file or Folder set from the project in MyDVD? If you made an ISO file, there is a program on the main splash page to burn the ISo to a disc. If you made a folder set, there should just be 2 folders to add to the disc.

Many thanks for the swift reply.

I made an ISO file. I've tried 'Burn Disk Image' which I think is what you mean, but it throws out the DVD after a few seconds with a message that gives the explanation. I can't copy it but it starts Sense 03, ASC 73, ASCQ 03, (Command 2A) then lots of codes. I've tried 3 different blanks and get the same problem.

Not all discs can be copied. For example, some movie and music discs are created with a copy-protection feature. CDs created with packet-writing software such as Roxio Drag-to-Disc or Microsoft’s Live File System also cannot be copied using the Copy Disc project.

Be sure the disc you are trying to copy is not copy-protected and is not a CD created with packet-writing software.

Thanks again!

Many thanks for the swift reply.

I made an ISO file. I've tried 'Burn Disk Image' which I think is what you mean, but it throws out the DVD after a few seconds with a message that gives the explanation. I can't copy it but it starts Sense 03, ASC 73, ASCQ 03, (Command 2A) then lots of codes. I've tried 3 different blanks and get the same problem.

Not all discs can be copied. For example, some movie and music discs are created with a copy-protection feature. CDs created with packet-writing software such as Roxio Drag-to-Disc or Microsoft’s Live File System also cannot be copied using the Copy Disc project.

Be sure the disc you are trying to copy is not copy-protected and is not a CD created with packet-writing software.

Thanks again!

Reboot the PC before trying to burn the disc.

Power calibration area error

There are many cases where there is a problem with the disc, or information cannot be retrieved from the disc properly. The PC may be unstable or try a new disc.

It worked!! I have a DVD at last. Many thanks - couldn't have done it without the help.

You're welcome. :)